Regular dropouts in Canberra

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
pab

Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by pab » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:07 pm

We have been experiencing regular Internet dropouts for the past 24 hours. A resolution would be greatly appreciated.

nilushid
Admin

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by nilushid » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:21 pm

pab wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:07 pm
We have been experiencing regular Internet dropouts for the past 24 hours. A resolution would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

We are extremely sorry about the inconvenience caused. Can you PM me your customer ID or the service number to check on this

Thanks.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Hi
I received your PM. We will check your service and contact you soon.
Thanks

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:04 pm

nilushid wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:16 pm
Hi
I received your PM. We will check your service and contact you soon.
Thanks
Hi

As discussed over the phone, Your reported service issue has been logged to our wholesale service supplier for further investigation.

We will keep you updated with the progress of the issue via several means of communication (for e.g. Text message, Calls, Email, etc)

If you wish to follow this case with Exetel please provide the following case id, when speaking/emailing to one of our support engineers.

Case-458513

Thanks

pab

Post by pab » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Well the technician came out this afternoon and discovered we haven't been properly connected to the NBN, rather a residual ADSL connection (we've been paying for the NBN for years). He apparently rectified this but we are still experiencing dropouts as before. He suggested that we may need to get a new router from Exetel. Can this be addressed ASAP please.

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Post by kavindip » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:46 pm

pab wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:00 pm
Well the technician came out this afternoon and discovered we haven't been properly connected to the NBN, rather a residual ADSL connection (we've been paying for the NBN for years). He apparently rectified this but we are still experiencing dropouts as before. He suggested that we may need to get a new router from Exetel. Can this be addressed ASAP please.
Thank you for the information and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We have updated our wholesale supplier regarding the current status of your service and have requested them to conduct further investigations regarding this issue and also to confirm if the issue was isolated to be possibly related to your router.

We will follow this up under the same case reference and keep you updated as soon as we receive more information from the supplier regarding this issue.

pab

Post by pab » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:09 pm

We received an SMS which stated that a bridged tap/extension lead in the internal wiring is a possible cause of our droputs. The only thing we could think of was our Ethernet over power which we have removed. The dropouts continue. We tried to respond to the SMS but this seems to be a do not reply number. Hence I am responding here.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:16 pm

pab wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:09 pm
We received an SMS which stated that a bridged tap/extension lead in the internal wiring is a possible cause of our droputs. The only thing we could think of was our Ethernet over power which we have removed. The dropouts continue. We tried to respond to the SMS but this seems to be a do not reply number. Hence I am responding here.
Thank you for reaching out. Please note that one of our senior engineers will contact you to discuss the current status of the fault.

pab

Post by pab » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Thanks for the response. My wife received a call yesterday but it was not particularly helpful. She got the impression that you were not going to provide further assistance and we would have to determine what the issue is. We don't know what to do now.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:44 pm

pab wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:35 pm
Thanks for the response. My wife received a call yesterday but it was not particularly helpful. She got the impression that you were not going to provide further assistance and we would have to determine what the issue is. We don't know what to do now.
Hi

According to the supplier and the line test ran shows that there is a Bridgetap in the line. Bridged tap/extension lead is considered additional internal wiring from the main cable to another device within the premise. This cable belongs to the internal wiring. Since the information provided over the phone is not too clear, we will arrange another call back to explain this further. Therefore, kindly wait for an update

Thanks.

pab

Post by pab » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm

We have not played with the wiring. Exetel and the wholesaler were responsible for connecting us to the NBN. This apparently was not done properly.

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Post by kavindip » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:18 pm

pab wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm
We have not played with the wiring. Exetel and the wholesaler were responsible for connecting us to the NBN. This apparently was not done properly.
Thank you for taking our call.

As discussed, please check the internal wiring at your premises and respond to the email we have sent to you, with the outcome of testing, once the bridge tap / extension has been eliminated in order to assist you further with regard to this issue if required.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

pab

Post by pab » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Sorry but neither my wife or I have the expertise to "check the wiring"

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Post by kavindip » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:47 pm

pab wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Sorry but neither my wife or I have the expertise to "check the wiring"
Kindly refer the email which has been sent to the nominated email address on the account with the information in relation to this service issue and also the information provided during the telephone conversation with the account holder today, and let us know if any further assistance is required.

Your reference number for the email is Case-460870.

pab

Post by pab » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:34 am

We had a technician out who cleaned up the wiring in our house. Unfortunately the dropouts continue. Do we look at replacing our modem?