Victoria - IP Address Changes

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues

Victoria - IP Address Changes

Postby Nothappy57 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:51 pm

A couple of hours ago I received a reminder (didn't get the first notification on either email address) notice about the IP changes happening on the 14th November 2016. :shock:

Why are the addresses being changed? I would assume this explanation was in the first email(s) that I didn't receive. Perhaps it is anticipation for the rollout of IPv6 addresses for non corporate clients. :lol:

Thank you.
Nothappy57

Re: Victoria - IP Address Changes

Postby KavindaS on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Nothappy57 wrote:A couple of hours ago I received a reminder (didn't get the first notification on either email address) notice about the IP changes happening on the 14th November 2016. :shock:

Why are the addresses being changed? I would assume this explanation was in the first email(s) that I didn't receive. Perhaps it is anticipation for the rollout of IPv6 addresses for non corporate clients. :lol:

Thank you.

This is to better manage our IP address pool allocation and to serve you better. The networking team required to make changes to our server for further improvements, which will benefit for our customers with better routing and speed performances.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Victoria - IP Address Changes

Postby Nothappy57 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Ok, thank you. However I would have thought implementing IPv6 would solve any need to manage the dwindling finite number of IPv4 addresses that still remain available. Yes I realise there is a cost involved with IPv6 but it must also be costing something to juggle the IPv4 pool that Exetel were allocated.

Maybe Exetel non corporate servers are unable to cope with the 128 bit addresses and are forced to the 32 bit pool instead.

No reply necessary. :mrgreen:
Nothappy57

Return to Anything else anyone wants to discuss