Outages with no communication other than this forum

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues

Outages with no communication other than this forum

Post by 494864 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm

A bit ridiculous that there was an outage in wollert and that I was given a link to this forum but absolutely no alert that there had been activity to say that we all needed to turn our devices off and on again after midday.. work had already made me put in the whole day as leave by then!
Additionally, my ability to comment in the forum had to be approved after making my account?! What good is that in a crisis..
I hope my complaint gets sorted to soon!

nilushid
Admin

Re: Outages with no communication other than this forum

Post by nilushid » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm

494864 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm
A bit ridiculous that there was an outage in wollert and that I was given a link to this forum but absolutely no alert that there had been activity to say that we all needed to turn our devices off and on again after midday.. work had already made me put in the whole day as leave by then!
Hi

We are extremely sorry about the inconvenience caused to you over this. Most of the outages do come online automatically but some of them need a restart to the devices.
494864 wrote:

Additionally, my ability to comment in the forum had to be approved after making my account?! What good is that in a crisis..
I hope my complaint gets sorted to soon!
I will pass your feedback regarding this concern to our forum administrators who can use it for future developments. Kindly PM me your details, if your service issue persists and needs a further assistant.

Thanks.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Outages with no communication other than this forum

Post by Gidget » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:58 pm

494864 wrote:
... my ability to comment in the forum had to be approved after making my account?! What good is that in a crisis..
Unfortunately, we cannot allow automatic activations on this Forum because of spam registrations that would otherwise go straight through and cause grief to every legitimate Forum user. The Forum admins activate new, legitimate accounts as soon as possible. In your case, I activated your account within 20 minutes of you registering. Note that you don't need an active Forum account in order to read posts on the Forum - your account only needs to be active if you want to post.
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal