Your Exetel Fibre broadband service is ending

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
StereoHead

Your Exetel Fibre broadband service is ending

Post by StereoHead » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:30 pm

After many many years with exetel, I have to leave...

I got this in email today...
"With the effective completion of the nbn™ network and the significant reduction in the number of Telstra Wholesale ADSL services that Exetel supplies to our customers, we have made the commercial decision to close the Telstra Wholesale broadband network in your State or Territory. This will also see Exetel cease supplying services on the Telstra Wholesale Velocity® network. "

Once I swap from Exetel, I will need to deal with telstra (yuck).... I will be dealing with sales people who confuse speed with download limits, I will be dealing with 45 minute delays talking to their sales department...

C'mon Exetel, I stuck by you, wont you stick by me?

If anyone is reading this, please let me know if you know any other ISP's offering services on Telstra Velocity...

taniya
Exetel Staff

Re: Your Exetel Fibre broadband service is ending

Post by taniya » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:02 pm

StereoHead wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:30 pm
After many many years with exetel, I have to leave...

I got this in email today...
"With the effective completion of the nbn™ network and the significant reduction in the number of Telstra Wholesale ADSL services that Exetel supplies to our customers, we have made the commercial decision to close the Telstra Wholesale broadband network in your State or Territory. This will also see Exetel cease supplying services on the Telstra Wholesale Velocity® network. "

Once I swap from Exetel, I will need to deal with telstra (yuck).... I will be dealing with sales people who confuse speed with download limits, I will be dealing with 45 minute delays talking to their sales department...

C'mon Exetel, I stuck by you, wont you stick by me?

If anyone is reading this, please let me know if you know any other ISP's offering services on Telstra Velocity...
Hi,
we do understand the loyalty you pledged by staying with Exetel for so long and we regret to inform you that we have made this decision due to the recent negotiation we have had with our back end service suppliers.We are sorry to see you go and we hope you find a good provider who could accommodate your needs like we did.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi there,

This is not something Exetel wanted to do, but having 354 customers remaining on the Velocity network is not cost effective. Previously this was subsidised by our ADSL customers, as both products shared bandwidth, but with almost all of our ADSL customers now having migrated to NBN services it is not possible to maintain this network.

James

StereoHead

Post by StereoHead » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 am

Its so weird that I MUST use telstra now.... I mean, it feels so monopolistic...

There is hope for the future though, there is a weird little phrase in their sales pitch

"Moving to the nbn network
Contact us if you wish to transfer to Telstra on the nbn network. If you don’t, we’ll continue to provide your service up until the date on which we’re required by law to disconnect your services. No Telstra Wi-Fi Modem device payout fee will be charged in these circumstances. If you are moving your service(s) to Telstra then you should not request your service(s) to be disconnected from your current provider until your Telstra service is operational."

That implies there is a government mandated date that I will be able to move to NBN, and theforefore be able to pick my own ISP