Thank you for the excellent service, now to the evil empire

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Hotchips

Thank you for the excellent service, now to the evil empire

Post by Hotchips » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:03 am

Hello Exetel Admins/staff

Just wanted to write publicly, by way of this forum, and thank you all for being a great ISP that I have been happy with since joining a few years ago.

As I have finally bought a house and am moving, it is sadly, time to say goodbye. As my new abode is 1.5k from the exchange and it is one of the 900 Telstra have upgraded but not opened to competition, I am one of the many being forced to either join the evil empire, and pay much higher rates that competitors offer with 24 month contract - or stay with ADSL1.

I was tempted to stay with ADSL1 but since work pays for my internet I am going to the dark side. :oops:

I really hope Big Kev can progress broadband in Australia and realise the real value of true cometition, not eat whatever Bigger Sol feeds him and tell us all how this is good for us.

Hopefully at the end of the 2 year contract Exetel will be in a position to again compete with Telstra so I can jump back to my preferred ISP.

So again, to all the staff at exetel, thank you for making my internet a pleasant experience that I needed not think about very often as it was just "there" and worked. :D :D :D

I'll miss my preferred ISP, you guys ROCK!
I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.
Groucho Marx

James D

Post by James D » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:05 am

Thank you for the kind words.

We will be sorry to see you go.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am

Thank you for taking the time to say goodbye and thank you for supporting us for so long.