Apparently you change your terms/conditions too often!

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
thomashouseman

Apparently you change your terms/conditions too often!

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:35 pm

http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/2007/

Lol, and your telephone salesmen are the worst around :D

However a higher percentage of ppl have switched to Exetel than any other ISP and 38% of your users have used the forum!

Don't you love surveys?

austdata

Post by austdata » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:35 pm

I also noticed that most people (95.5%) are IT Guru's, Power Users or Confident. Leaving only 4.5% who should need to use support (Yeah, right).

I have a tertiary IT qualification and put myself down as confident but wanted to include "still learning".

Cheers,

Mike
(Who is still learning and happy to admit, sometimes needs support).

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:01 pm

Student as the highest demographic?

4.7% <17
12.6%18-21
16.8% 22-25.......

austdata

Post by austdata » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm

James wrote:Student as the highest demographic?
Yeah, that'd be right. They haven't learnt that it's their parents money yet. That stuff just falls from trees doesn't it?! :shock: :twisted:

Cheers,

Mike

ForumAdmin

Re: Aparrently you change your terms/conditions too often!

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 pm

thomashouseman wrote:http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/2007/

Lol, and your telephone salesmen are the worst around :D

However a higher percentage of ppl have switched to Exetel than any other ISP and 38% of your users have used the forum!

Don't you love surveys?
Thank you for pointing that out.

I don't think the ts and cs have changed very much at all in 4 years other than having my business English put in to legalese some 15 months ago.

Mort

Post by Mort » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:52 pm

I totally missd the survey this year! I thought some of the results were a bit funny.

Why did anyone put port blocking and "not allowed to run servers" as dislikes against Exetel? Maybe they wanted to run illegal Warez servers...

The fact they don't have those restrictions is the main reason I moved from Optus Cable to Exetel ADSL!

I'm also surprised about the changing conditions.. Actually no I'm not. I'd like to complain about Exetel giving me more bandwidth allowance and reducing the price on my service while increasing the speed!
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:48 pm

Wow. That is a very interesting survey there. I particularly like the "Difficulty with installation" question. Exetel seem visually to be right down there with Telstra Cable and Optus Cable (as well as Internode, Westnet and aaNet) for low percentages of installation difficulties which I think is fantastic performance.

The remarkably low telephone support really does seem to distinguish Exetel from the crowd of ADSL providers too (for better or worse). This necessary correlates to the slightly longer than average "time to resolve technical issues", but having said that, resolution times are very reasonable, being same or next day.

Historical trend in gaming is a large improvement (this may be contrary to the extremely recent experience though)

12.2% of people still use DLink. Ugh! But on a positive note, the Billion, Dynalink or Cisco models (which I personally regard as better) are generally purchased via more well researched means.

Pricing is by far the most appealing aspect for Exetel surveyed users, with customer service a much less important aspect (and reliability for Internode the standout aspect) so no surprises here.

An increased percentage in users who would recommend Exetel to friends, but this is a little lower than the other non-Telstra, non-Optus providers. Maybe this can be interpretted as Exetel users realising that Exetel fills a bit of a niche market (IT savvy, non-phone support, low cost internet user) and might not be suitable for as higher percentage of friends?

James D

Post by James D » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:53 am

The thing i really love about these reports are things like the following:

0.9% of users on exetel signed up to a contract for 19-24 months.

0.6% of users like that Exetel provides Exclusive music and videos provided by your ISP

austdata

Post by austdata » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:03 am

James D wrote:The thing i really love about these reports are things like the following:

0.6% of users like that Exetel provides Exclusive music and videos provided by your ISP
I didn't see those but the one on joined because of advertising caught my eye. :wink:

Berty

Post by Berty » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:08 am

And 1% say that Exetel does not allow people to run server :shock:

Munka

Post by Munka » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 am

James D wrote:The thing i really love about these reports are things like the following:

Yes gets a bit random doesn't it.
Such a good survey, I filled it out 11 times, just kidding :lol:
Interesting to see there are so many who have voip on their wish list, still.

And a mention, the 7.30 report is doing a segment on content filtering tonight.
Munka

cryptwizard

Post by cryptwizard » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:23 pm

I lol at 1% saying not allowed to run server and 1.9% saying blocked ports.

Shows how stupid some people can be.

Ooops... forgot the 0.6% on 13-18 month contracts and 0.9% on 16-24 months.

cryptwizard

Post by cryptwizard » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:28 pm

Wow and 15.4% use Exetel's unmetered content (eg. nothing).

vicbitter

Post by vicbitter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:12 am

cryptwizard wrote:Wow and 15.4% use Exetel's unmetered content (eg. nothing).
A signed up recently and got stuck with a 10.x.x.x for around half a day. Maybe that's the unmetered content.. ;)

Seriously though ... Maybe you guys could add the forums.exetel.com.au to the accessible addresses when we have a 10.x.x.x address...might save some tickets/time. (I was getting 220.x.x.x address 1 second 10.x.x.x addresses the next - authentication issues) :)

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 am

vicbitter wrote:
cryptwizard wrote:Wow and 15.4% use Exetel's unmetered content (eg. nothing).
A signed up recently and got stuck with a 10.x.x.x for around half a day. Maybe that's the unmetered content.. ;)

Seriously though ... Maybe you guys could add the forums.exetel.com.au to the accessible addresses when we have a 10.x.x.x address...might save some tickets/time. (I was getting 220.x.x.x address 1 second 10.x.x.x addresses the next - authentication issues) :)
I thought the forums were accessible from a 10.x address..?