Thank you!

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
morgraine

Thank you!

Post by morgraine » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:59 pm

I've hardly been with Exetel for 1 yr, and have unfortunately had to leave, as I'm migrating overseas.

Despite being in IT, I'm a sceptic of electronic service support systems, where there's minimal contact with customers, but I have to say Exetel has allayed my fears!

I've experienced excellent service, the help sections and usability of the website are brilliant and I love that there's a holistic approach to Exetel's business, by engaging with customers to assist in fixing some of the problems we've created, i.e. through the flora/fauna and carbon neutral schemes.

Kudos for your professional setup, social responsibility and striving to improve!

Btw - does the inclusion of the Sri Lankan flag have anything to do with the cricket?

ForumAdmin

Re: Thank you!

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:14 pm

morgraine wrote:I've hardly been with Exetel for 1 yr, and have unfortunately had to leave, as I'm migrating overseas.

Despite being in IT, I'm a sceptic of electronic service support systems, where there's minimal contact with customers, but I have to say Exetel has allayed my fears!

I've experienced excellent service, the help sections and usability of the website are brilliant and I love that there's a holistic approach to Exetel's business, by engaging with customers to assist in fixing some of the problems we've created, i.e. through the flora/fauna and carbon neutral schemes.

Kudos for your professional setup, social responsibility and striving to improve!

Btw - does the inclusion of the Sri Lankan flag have anything to do with the cricket?
Thank you taking the time to write those kind words - everyon at Exetel appreciates your courtesy.

If you click on the Sri Lankan flag it wil give you some details about Exetel in Sri Lanka.

Te best of luck at your new home.

tocpcs

Re: Thank you!

Post by tocpcs » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:32 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
morgraine wrote:I've hardly been with Exetel for 1 yr, and have unfortunately had to leave, as I'm migrating overseas.

Thank you taking the time to write those kind words - everyon at Exetel appreciates your courtesy.

If you click on the Sri Lankan flag it wil give you some details about Exetel in Sri Lanka.

Te best of luck at your new home.
The trick is to make the features interface with a user, so the support staff don't need to, or where they do, they are efficient.

Customers are notorious for not being able to efficiently pass information, yep, even the most technical can brag about their non-existent MCSE's, and take longer than a total n00b.

The backend is still manually managed where appropriate, you'd be nuts to let the customers manage every aspect of a service themselves in this day and age, espiecially with the number of stupid people, plenty of them.

Of course, I'm talking only about your reference to automated support systems, and not at all to do with Exetel specifically.

EDIT:

And with regard to the Sri Lanka flag, I disagree with its presentation on the front page of the site. Sure, it is suggestive of Exetel's activities in Sri Lanka, but it could be perceived as meaning Exetel is owned by Sri Lankan's, which isn't the case.

I disagree with the disclosure of Exetel's plans for Sri Lanka on similar reasons, I agree with the motivation involved, but the advertising of it per se doesn't fit with the Australian Site.

I'd have simply put a Exetel Sri Lanka link at the bottom, which linked to a Sri Lanka domain (ie. exetel.com.<sl?>) and detailed any ideas there.

But, if no one really puts much notice into it, well, it's not worth worrying about, which is what I would imagine is happening (it's just a logo, they aren't reading about Sri Lanka, they want to buy a plan!).