Australian flag on Exetel Website

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues

Would you like to see the Australian flag added to the Exetel website?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:54 pm

Yes!
50%
No!
50%

Total votes: 18

sh0nky

Australian flag on Exetel Website

Post by sh0nky » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi, Any chance the Australian flag can be added to the Exetel website?
I understand why the Sri Lankin flag is there and dont have any issue with it at all, but it would be nice to see the Australian flag there also. Just a suggestion from a proud aussie :D

Regards Scott

NetworkAdmin

Post by NetworkAdmin » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:19 am

.com.au is a bit of a give away to our nationality.

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:54 am

NetworkAdmin wrote:.com.au is a bit of a give away to our nationality.
Thats fair enough, i couldn't agree more. I just find it a bit ''unusual'' to go to an Australian website and see the Sri Lankin flag without the Australian flag anywhere to be seen. Exetel is proud to display the Sri Lankin flag as a symbol of their business endevours there,and in my opinion should be at least as proud to display the flag of the companies origin. If not, for ''pride'' alone. Im not assuming i speak for everyone,it just my opinion. Would be nice to hear other peoples veiw on this.

Regards Scott

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 am

THe Sri Lankan flag is there to provide information about Exetel's plans for operating in that country.

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:14 am

ForumAdmin wrote:THe Sri Lankan flag is there to provide information about Exetel's plans for operating in that country.
As noted above :D

Munka

Post by Munka » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 am

I don't see the need.
I tend to agree with Samual Johnson on this topic ".....patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels" and would add "insecure".
We know we are in Australia, and collectively don't need the reminder.
Munka

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:16 pm

[quote="Munka"]I don't see the need.
I tend to agree with Samual Johnson on this topic ".....patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels" and would add "insecure".

Patriotism denotes positive and supportive attitudes to a 'fatherland' (Latin patria < Greek patris, πατρίς), by individuals and groups. The 'fatherland' (or 'motherland') can be a region or a city, but patriotism usually applies to a nation and/or a nation-state. Patriotism covers such attitudes as: pride in its achievements and culture, the desire to preserve its character and the basis of the culture, and identification with other members of the nation.

Well that makes me a proud Australian and a scoundrel. I doubt Samual Johnson would have the same veiws now,more than 200 years since he passed on. Things have changed lol

cryptwizard

Post by cryptwizard » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:14 pm

If an Australian flag on the front page would make some stupid patriotic people join Exetel, then I don't see why it isn't a good idea.

(by stupid patriotic, it means patriotic people that are stupid, not all patriotic people are stupid).