Mobile phone suggestions, anyone?

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Tafkam

Mobile phone suggestions, anyone?

Post by Tafkam » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 am

Can anyone point me in the direction of a website where you can select mobile phone features that appeal to you, and it then shows you a selection of compatible phones? The phone websites are SO confusing.
My Tel$tra mobile contract will finish in a few weeks (HOORAY!) so I'm going to get a pre-paid as I don't want to go back on a contract. As expected, the phone didn't last as long as the contract duration, a matter which I've argued long & loud over with Telstra, to no avail, of course. They maintain I should have bought extra warranty. I maintain if they force you on to a contract of a certain duration, the phone they provide should last that long, at least. Anyway....
I'm over all the bells & whistles. I just want a phone that has a decent battery life, a reasonable camera (2mp is fine), is reasonably hardy and oh...can send and receive phone calls. Anything but Telstra as a provider, and it can't be Vodafone as they don't seem to have any coverage in my area, which is unfortunate as I could have used an Exetel mobile plan.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:35 am

Generally the manufacturer websites will have feature comparisons, side by side.

I think Telstra's online store does similar.

I suggest checking the online mobile stores, no need to buy, just compare.