bundled Plan availability to members

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
LC

bundled Plan availability to members

Post by LC » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 am

I received the following reply to an email I sent Exetel re transferring to a bundled plan
bundled ADSL1 plans are not available to existing ADSL1 customers.

Why is this so? Why should current users be denied access to a cheaper plan? Surely we are entitled to all the benefits, after all, we are the ones paying exetel.

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:32 am

But Exetel choose the plans, and the conditions of signup to the plan.

In this case, it would seem they want to get only new customers with the bundled plan - besides that, aren't the plans users already are on, better value ?

LC

Post by LC » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:49 am

No, the bundled plans are cheaper than any plans offered to current users.
Of course exetel choose the plans and conditions, but their first priority should be to current users. Or is there a subtext here that goes something like "new users expect the plan rate to rise significantly when the 6 month contract expires"

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:53 am

TELH: $40 / 1.5Mbps / 2GB + 48GB.

Bundled 2: $35 + $5 + $5 = $45 / 1.5Mbps / 4GB

TELH has off peak quota, and is just $40 a month.

Bundled 2 is $45 due to the requirement to purchase the additional mobile and VoIP service.

LC

Post by LC » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 am

TELH
$40 P.M
2G DOWNLOAD

BUNDLEDA
$30 P.M
1G DOWNLOAD + $3 PER GB OVER

BUNDLEDB
$35 P.M
4GB DOWNLOAD

ALL MOBILE AND VOIP PLANS INCLUDE A $5 MIN CALL INCLUSION RATE, SO THIS MUST BE APPLIED TO TELH AS WELL. THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THE 48G FREE DOWNLOAD FROM 12 MID TO 12 NOON. THE TERMS OF THE BUNDLEDA AND B STATE UNCOUNTED DOWNLOADS, BUT THIS IS NOT SPECIFIED. SO IT IS NOT CLEAR IF THE SAME APPLIES. ADD ON $3 FOR AN EXTRA 1G TO BUNDLEDA AND IT IS STILL 47 CHEAPER THAN TELH

ForumAdmin

Re: bundled Plan availability to members

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:32 pm

LC wrote:I received the following reply to an email I sent Exetel re transferring to a bundled plan
bundled ADSL1 plans are not available to existing ADSL1 customers.

Why is this so? Why should current users be denied access to a cheaper plan? Surely we are entitled to all the benefits, after all, we are the ones paying exetel.
1) The plan is completely different to any current plan:

1) No midnight to noon 48 gb
2) Must also use Exetel mobile - minimum monthly spend $5.00
3) Must also use Exetel VoIP - minimum monthly spend $5.00
4) Must pay $145.00 to activate the plan

I don't think, though I may be wrong, that a 1 gb or 4 gb plan would suit someone who is currently on a 2 + 48 gb plan.

So the TELH is $40.00 for 2gb + 48gb.

The BundledA is $40.00 for 1gb +0gb. (inc $10.00 of mobile and VoIP calls)

They are designed to address two totally different types of users.

LC

Post by LC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:13 am

Why should there be a $145 fee to activate the plan for current members when you can churn from another ISP for $35 according to your site info?

Current VOIP users like myself already have to pay an extra $5 min monthly spend, which is added to the plan cost, and current mobile users have to spend a minimum $5 on top of the plan charge, yet you only include this cost in the Bundled plan charge and not the TELH plan, which then comes to $50.

So effectively it costs the user $10 under the TELH plan for an extra 1gb peak download and 48gb off peak download. For those users who do not take up most of the 48gb off peak download the extra $10 will buy another 5gb download when they need it.

Yes, as you say the plans are designed for different types of users, but this doesn't explain why they are not available to members, and if they do become available I trust you will not whack on a $145 activation fee.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:39 am

LC, I think you are missing several points:
  • Plans, prices and eligibility requirements are determined and set by Exetel for reasons that you may not privy to, and that do not have to be disclosed to you. This is a commercial decision made by Exetel and while you may not agree with or understand, it doesn't give you any right to argue for repricing of any aspect.
  • There is no off-peak 48Gb download quota available in these Bundled ADSL1 plans. Therefore there is no argument of "$10 extra to substitute one download quota for another". The plans are completely different and are priced as is.
I am not an Exetel representative, nor do I have any say over pricing considerations, but if you wish for a fresh perspective on this matter you can PM me and I am happy to respond. I just feel that continuing posts on this thread may get a little unwieldy.

LC

Post by LC » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:33 pm

One of the replies to this topic from Exetel admin stating that the Bundled Plans would soon be available to members has been removed. Why is this? Are the plans going to be soon available to members as previously stated?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 pm

LC wrote:One of the replies to this topic from Exetel admin stating that the Bundled Plans would soon be available to members has been removed. Why is this? Are the plans going to be soon available to members as previously stated?
No-one is able to comment on Exetel's future actions with any authority on this forum - not me - not anyone else.

I don't know whether the bundled plans will be available at other than a $145.00 activation fee or not.

I'm very sure no-one else does at this time.
Last edited by ForumAdmin on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:38 pm

I signed up for a Bundle Plan yesterday.

I also have a ADSL2+ plan at another location - and often suffer lower speeds from MN to MD.

As the Bundled Plans have no extra "free" 48 GB allowance in MN/MD, will their traffic have some sort of priority in that period?

H.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 pm

hornet48 wrote:I signed up for a Bundle Plan yesterday.

I also have a ADSL2+ plan at another location - and often suffer lower speeds from MN to MD.

As the Bundled Plans have no extra "free" 48 GB allowance in MN/MD, will their traffic have some sort of priority in that period?

H.
I think that the speed issues with non-P2P trafic in the midnight to xx am period is becoming a thing of the past.

If you have a specific issue please post the details.

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:17 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: I think that the speed issues with non-P2P trafic in the midnight to xx am period is becoming a thing of the past.
Great to hear!

....I am looking forward to my new bundled ADSL1 account next week.

Regards,

Harry.