Improving Exetels Support Functions - Phase III

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
ForumAdmin

Improving Exetels Support Functions - Phase III

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:29 am

Over the past two years we have been implementing a program to provide Exetel users with the fastest fault resolution support services available anywhere in the world.

Over that time we have made a great deal of progress towards achieving that objective and we are now going to start on the last phase of this three year process.

If you have any suggestions then, as always, they are welcomed and will be considered.

This Thread's Customer Suggestions Added To Development List 16/4/08

1) Separate 1300/02 Number to call to listen to known major faults - 15/5/08
2) Providing obvious link(s) to more logical support page 28/4/08
3) Convert email responses to SMS responses or voice message responses - 30/4/08
4) Widen the support wiki to allow user input and editing - 25/4/08
5) Update the usage meter more than twice a day. - 30/4/08
6) Create one support page with better trouble shooting guides - 31/5/08
7) Extend support hours to 9 pm weekdays and provide phone support on week ends 31/5/08
8. Revise the requirement for an isolation test when there is no auth/no sync - 21/4/08
9) Resolve 98% of faults within 72 working hours
Last edited by ForumAdmin on Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:06 am, edited 14 times in total.

KayPo

fault resolution support service

Post by KayPo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:33 pm

How about starting off by outlining what is currently available. This has always been a bit of a mystery to me. TIA KayPo

The current resources can be summarised as:

1) Telephone support weekdays 8.30 am to 5.30 pm (1300 or 02 number)
2) 24x7x365 fault logging by telephone (1300 or 02 number)
3) 24x7x365 fault logging on line (if it's a speed or other issue)
4) Forum (adminned pretty much 16 x 7 x 365)
5) Wiki modem set up guide for around 50 modems
6) FAQs for each service covering 100 of the most common questions
7) Email response time of under 2 hours on week days

xxx

Post by xxx » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:34 pm

If you want to increase your user base then you will need to provide a phone customer service for those users that basically need you to hold their hand till they are up and established.

also it should be a 1300 phone number.

hbfix2

Post by hbfix2 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:17 pm

xxx wrote:If you want to increase your user base then you will need to provide a phone customer service for those users that basically need you to hold their hand till they are up and established.
Plan prices will increase.
xxx wrote:also it should be a 1300 phone number.
Prices will increase significantly.

Why not advise intending new users to sign up with a local Exetel agent, as they then have someone they can call in person for simple support?

team12

Post by team12 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:25 pm

When i first signed up i was completely in the dark about what was happening, and i'm a reasonably experienced PC user. This needs to change.

Reagle

Post by Reagle » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:34 pm

I understand the reasons behind the current support setup & I for one signed up with exetel mainly due to the cost & stayed because of the download limits & cost.
How about some sort of service guarantee e.g. partial refunds for the period/s during which a client can't access the net or other service if Tech Support can't rectify the problem & the client has taken all steps as required.
The ADSL Terms & Conditions stae in part"11.5 Where a Customer's complaint is about a significant and sustained loss of access to, or use of" but does not clarify exactly what sort of time frame they are talking about.
Using: Netcomm NF10WV + TP-Link Archer C2

James D

Post by James D » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 pm

There is already a 1300 number, it has been listed on the site for over 6 months.

Phone (National): 1300 788 141

tcolley

Re: Improving Exetels Support Functions - Phase III

Post by tcolley » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Given that the website is the main source of support, it must be improved dramatically. I refer to:
- RAPID OBVIOUS access to FAQ's and knowledge base. I've had to search around in the past. Where is the obvious button for "Support"? At the moment, the user must push the button for "Log a New Fault" before he/she gets access to a page with links for Knowledge Base.
- Provision of answers to most support questions without having to flounder amongst the exetel forum.
- RAPID OBVIOUS access to details of email configurations and limitations.
- More logical and understandable navigation.
- Eliminate annoying support mechanisms that don't work (poor databases, poor technical chatlines) and replace with quality systems.

crozza

Post by crozza » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:13 pm

I have been a happy but not too 'literate ' customer for several years, based on price, reliability, I will look elsewhere I guess if price goes up so I respect the tradeoff between price and service. I struggle due to my limited expertise with computers, ONLY when something goes wrong!
Case in point, last week my modem internet LED showed a red light. What does that mean ? Obvious to most people, suspect many like me out there not so obvious. So , try to fix, ignorence takes over. Cannot email EXETEL,
after 24 hours , begin to think not MY computer problem, call in a fault on the 02 number from victoria [unaware of the 1300 no. NOW I am]

Called in at the local exchange [small country town] to discover the problem was a botched change/upgrade of equipment.

SO part of the downtime was unavoidable, not exetel fault, part was my fault through ignorance, not exetel fault of course, tho If people would understand that not everyone has a double degree in computer science
and maybe talk at a more general level that would be appreciated by geriatrics like me. Not a whinge, and hopefully related to the topic.

ExetelRocks

Post by ExetelRocks » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:17 pm

James D wrote:
There is already a 1300 number, it has been listed on the site for over 6 months.

Phone (National): 1300 788 141
Maybe Exetel need to publicise their support options better. I frequently read statements on another forum that "Exetel have no support", when that's blatantly untrue.

codywilson

Post by codywilson » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm

User-edited wiki???

You know.
Here is how to set up XYZ modem.
Here is how to set up ABC service.
Here is how to change LSD setting.

That way anything new people can add, and if it's not right ppl can change it.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:32 pm

crozza wrote: Case in point, last week my modem internet LED showed a red light. What does that mean ? Obvious to most people, suspect many like me out there not so obvious. So , try to fix, ignorence takes over. Cannot email EXETEL,
after 24 hours , begin to think not MY computer problem, call in a fault on the 02 number from victoria [unaware of the 1300 no. NOW I am]

If you have no service then you can use your telephone (1300 number) to call Exetel during (NSW) working hours or log a fault using your telephone keypad at any time - 24x7x365.

If you're unaware of that then, as others have said, Exetel needs to make the support options much clearer.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:34 pm

codywilson wrote:User-edited wiki???

You know.
Here is how to set up XYZ modem.
Here is how to set up ABC service.
Here is how to change LSD setting.

That way anything new people can add, and if it's not right ppl can change it.
Good idea - although we have already made a start (some 15 months ago) it, like so much else, has obviously not been sufficiently easy for customers to find.
Last edited by ForumAdmin on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zebee

Post by Zebee » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Another vote for a better knowledge base. (And while you are at it, lose the flash, what's the point?)

I have tried searching the knowledge base and always got no hits. I don't know if that's cos my search-fu was bad, there was no knowledge, or the thing was broken. A browseable one would be a great help.

The setups and info about modems and what the lights mean should be easily available and up to date. I remember, shuddering, the problems I had with an apparently exetel-approved modem, as it was one they sold, in trying to get sensible info about it. There was some forum info but it was horrible to wade through and of course if the damn thing doesn't work then how do you find the forum? You might have (as I did) a dialup fallback, but if you are using dialup you want quick loading easy-find information.

Zebee

TijN

Post by TijN » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:43 pm

i've been very happy with exetel over the 2.5 years i've been with them.

i think its great that exetel update and upgrade plans alot, always keeping us (the users) up to date with whats going on. I like the fact that exetel is open with its users and tells them exactly how it is, rather then just not saying anything. And when ever i've had a problem and asked ont he forum, even at 12midnight its been answered within 10min.

keep up the good work.