Helpdesk requests

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Brett

Helpdesk requests

Post by Brett » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Hello,

I have found that Helpdesk requests are closed when a solution is offerred or a request (or task) is asked of the customer. When this happens there is no history as to what has has been completed in troubleshooting. It would be benificial to all (customers and techs alike) to have the Call history readily available.

In this case, I'm commenting from first hand experience. I was told the same thing over and over and the call went around in circles until I put my foot down.

Secondly, If the troubleshooting process could be selected during the call and be outlined. This would give both the customer and tech a great deal of confidence. The majority of your helpdesk requests would have been done before, just a different location and phone number. Scripted 1st level support do have there benifits and can be painful in some ways. However, scripted the right way, you can ensure that the call is handed over to 2nd level support in an appropriate way and within an acceptable timeframe.

It is always good to see improvements. Thanks.

Edit: Doh! I thought I was replying to "Improving Exetels Support Functions - Phase III"

James D

Post by James D » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Can you please let me know the ticket numbers so I can look into this.