New Concept ADSL Plans

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
ForumAdmin

Re: Possible New Concept ADSL Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Col wrote:
1) How does the proposed 5GB restriction work?

2) You need to get someone to go over the plans page with a fine tooth comb trying to sort out all the * ** + ++ etc because they are all over the place. For instance, you have a ++ in the normal table to do about shaping and the outdated info to do with that is in the toggle hide/show bit down the bottom, but you also have a ++ underneath the PAYU table explaining the pre-paid concept, but there is no ++ in the PAYU table. Also take a look at * in the page, it's used more than once too, but the info regarding the guarantee of speeds on a 8mbit line is MIA.

3)Also the info about the Account Admin. charge on the application page reads like the PAYU plans are subject to it, so that needs to be fixed up along with all other references to the Account Admin. charge on the website.
1) The usage of each period is simply used up per month - if either period goes over 5 gb (with the appropriate warnings) - any aditional downloads are charged at $6.00 per gb - which must be prepaid before the service for that time period is unblocked.

2) We'll do that.

3) There is no account admin fee.

Col

Post by Col » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:20 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:3) There is no account admin fee.
I know, which is why all references to the account admin fee on the website (and order pages) need to be adjusted to include exemption for the PAYU plans, just like what's done with the TL plans:

Exetel charges a $3.00 monthly Account Administration Fee in addition to the monthly access and excess charges on all ADSL1 and ADSL2 broadband accounts except for ADSL1 accounts that have a "TL" prefix which have the account administration fee included in the base monthly charge

flak

Post by flak » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:1) The usage of each period is simply used up per month - if either period goes over 5 gb (with the appropriate warnings) - any aditional downloads are charged at $6.00 per gb - which must be prepaid before the service for that time period is unblocked.
By 5GB per period you mean cumulatively for the month? ie 5GB peak, 5GB off-peak per month?

When I read it originally I thought you meant per period per day, ie in a 30 day month, 150GB peak, 150GB off-peak per month.

Michel

Post by Michel » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:38 pm

would you consider a similar plan for high volume users which would like the flexibility of pay as you go. that is at a price which would still make a profit.

Col

Post by Col » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:30 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:1) The usage of each period is simply used up per month - if either period goes over 5 gb (with the appropriate warnings) - any aditional downloads are charged at $6.00 per gb - which must be prepaid before the service for that time period is unblocked.
So is this scenario correct?

Day 1 - Service connected with 5GB blocks ("credit") in both periods. [0GB/0GB used, 5GB/5GB credit]
Day 18 - Get block page warning that I have less than 1GB credit left in peak period, top-up peak by 5GB [4GB/2GB used, 6GB/3GB credit]
Day 24 - Get block page saying I have used 5GB in the peak period this month, instructed that to continue downloading I need to buy a 1GB ("excess credit") block for $6, I buy a block [5GB/3GB used, 5GB/3GB credit, 1GB/0GB excess credit]
Day 29 - Get block page warning that I have less than 1GB off-peak credit left, top-up by 5GB [5.5GB/4GB used, 5GB/6GB credit, 0.5GB/0GB excess credit]

Is the excess credit block (@ $6/GB) separate to the normal credit block, or does it get added to your normal credit? If it is considered separate then:
- is there an expiry period on it?
- do you get access to any remaining excess credit if you go over 5GB in a later month?
- are there warning block pages that warn you if your excess credit is getting low? (like with normal credit)

After thinking about it this all seems way too confusing. With a countdown for your credit, a possible countdown for excess credit, a quota usage graph that you need to keep under 5GB, block pages to say when you are getting low on peak credit, block pages to say when you are getting low on off-peak credit, block pages when your usage is getting high. I'd hate to be someone that happens to have an unusually busy month.

Is it too late to change it to post-paid PAYU like the HSPA plans? :P No block pages or quota blocks to confuse people with :?.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:13 pm

Col wrote:
So is this scenario correct?

Day 1 - Service connected with 5GB blocks ("credit") in both periods. [0GB/0GB used, 5GB/5GB credit]
Day 18 - Get block page warning that I have less than 1GB credit left in peak period, top-up peak by 5GB [4GB/2GB used, 6GB/3GB credit]
Day 24 - Get block page saying I have used 5GB in the peak period this month, instructed that to continue downloading I need to buy a 1GB ("excess credit") block for $6, I buy a block [5GB/3GB used, 5GB/3GB credit, 1GB/0GB excess credit]
Day 29 - Get block page warning that I have less than 1GB off-peak credit left, top-up by 5GB [5.5GB/4GB used, 5GB/6GB credit, 0.5GB/0GB excess credit]

Is the excess credit block (@ $6/GB) separate to the normal credit block, or does it get added to your normal credit? If it is considered separate then:
- is there an expiry period on it?
- do you get access to any remaining excess credit if you go over 5GB in a later month?
- are there warning block pages that warn you if your excess credit is getting low? (like with normal credit)

After thinking about it this all seems way too confusing. With a countdown for your credit, a possible countdown for excess credit, a quota usage graph that you need to keep under 5GB, block pages to say when you are getting low on peak credit, block pages to say when you are getting low on off-peak credit, block pages when your usage is getting high. I'd hate to be someone that happens to have an unusually busy month.

Is it too late to change it to post-paid PAYU like the HSPA plans? :P No block pages or quota blocks to confuse people with :?.
It isn't confusing.

The planned user of this service will not enter in to your scenario.

They will use less than 1 gb a month in either period and never see multiple block pages in any month or, probably, in any three month period.

You appear to be describing the type of user this type of plan is expressly designed not to use.

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:55 pm

I suggest the $3 monthly admin fee be applied to all Exetel plans...... and the currently stated fees be reduced accordingly (where appropriate).

That way people can make simple comparisons of each Exetel plan that is available.

K.I.S.S

Regards,

Harry.

Col

Post by Col » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:23 pm

hornet48 wrote:I suggest the $3 monthly admin fee be applied to all Exetel plans...... and the currently stated fees be reduced accordingly (where appropriate).

That way people can make simple comparisons of each Exetel plan that is available.

K.I.S.S

Regards,

Harry.
Considering that the ADSL2+ plans are going to be refreshed to include the fee I don't agree. By the time that happens there will be no "hidden" fee that potential customers will need to know about as it will only be applied to current customers on old plans. This will make it easier for those potential customers to compare plans, especially against other ISPs. I only hope that the fee wont be forgotten about and will be changed (reduced) when conditions get better.

flak

Post by flak » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:52 am

Col wrote:I only hope that the fee wont be forgotten about and will be changed (reduced) when conditions get better.
Exetel have been accused of a lot of things, but not passing on savings to the customer isn't one of them.

wizard

Post by wizard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:04 am

Will new customers be able to churn these plans from another ISP ?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:13 am

wizard wrote:Will new customers be able to churn these plans from another ISP ?
They are on the web site.

wizard

Post by wizard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:52 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
wizard wrote:Will new customers be able to churn these plans from another ISP ?
They are on the web site.
I can see the new plans under the new user , but on the churn page the only plans are the TL plans.

Col

Post by Col » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:02 pm

flak wrote:
Col wrote:I only hope that the fee wont be forgotten about and will be changed (reduced) when conditions get better.
Exetel have been accused of a lot of things, but not passing on savings to the customer isn't one of them.
I'm well aware they pass on savings whenever they can, but my point was that decommissioned plans do not get face-lifts (ie they are forgotten), and the fee will only apply to decommissioned plans soon, so *shrug*.

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:03 pm

I've noticed the IncPhoneY plan is no longer available to new customers.

Are the new "low usage" plans going to replace this plan for ADSL2+ customers?

If we are currently on IncPhoneY (and out of contract) will we be forced to migrate to another plan?

If the proposed low usage ADSL2+ plan listed on the first post by FA is indicative of price,
then it won't be cheaper than the current IncPhoneY plan:
New plan: $50 + minimum $1.25 for 1GB peak and 1GB off peak - compared with
IncPhoneY: $45 (+$3 admin fee) which comes with 1 GB peak and 1 GB off peak included.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:35 am

kiwigene wrote:I've noticed the IncPhoneY plan is no longer available to new customers.

1) Are the new "low usage" plans going to replace this plan for ADSL2+ customers?

2) If we are currently on IncPhoneY (and out of contract) will we be forced to migrate to another plan?
1) Yes.

2) No.