New Concept ADSL Plans

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
ForumAdmin

Re: Possible New Concept ADSL Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:24 pm

peterh_oz wrote:Would there be any chance Exetel would introduce line rental and local call provision for ADSL users? It might not be a cost saving (knowing Telstra it certainly wouldn't be!) but customers prefer to have everything on one bill. And for those who have ADSL and VoIP (and possibly mobile) with Exetel, that monthly bill from Telstra is simply annoying (even though using Homeline Budget makes it cheaper to choose Telstra if you've got Exetel VoIP).
As that woud involve dealing with Telstra it would defeat the rationale of doing everything possible to eventually not have to deal with that company at all.

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:43 pm

Unless you're going to completely ditch ADSL1, you'll be stuck with Telstra unfortunately. Unless of course the planets align, pigs fly AND all our Christmases arrive at the same time and they get split (the way they SHOULD have been but the govt of the day, and those since, have been too gutless to do).

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:35 am

Is there any plans to be able to make part payments in advance on Exetel services?

I would love to be able to drop, say $10 or $20 at any given time on my Exetel account and have that much less to pay when the bill comes due.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:58 pm

vk3xem wrote:Is there any plans to be able to make part payments in advance on Exetel services?

I would love to be able to drop, say $10 or $20 at any given time on my Exetel account and have that much less to pay when the bill comes due.
We've never considered it.

It wouldn't be hard to do.

I'll see what can be done.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:05 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We've never considered it.

It wouldn't be hard to do.

I'll see what can be done.
Great stuff, I reckon it would make it easier for some people on a tight budget. You guys would also have the money earlier and getting interest on it too. :D
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Col

Post by Col » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm

I notice that you have published three PAYU ADSL1 plans on the website. I don't know how many customers you will get on the 1500 plan (aaNet has a cheaper plan with 5GB included, enough for low users), but on the other 2 speeds you might get a few. You might want to look at the headings of the 3rd last and 2nd last columns, the "Downloads Included:" should be changed to "Usage Charges:" or something.

Are these plans prepaid? Are PAYU plans for ADSL2+ bundled and naked coming?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:16 am

Col wrote:I notice that you have published three PAYU ADSL1 plans on the website.

1)I don't know how many customers you will get on the 1500 plan (aaNet has a cheaper plan with 5GB included, enough for low users),

2) but on the other 2 speeds you might get a few. You might want to look at the headings of the 3rd last and 2nd last columns, the "D ownloads Included:" should be changed to "Usage Charges:" or something.

3) Are these plans prepaid?

4) Are PAYU plans for ADSL2+ bundled and naked coming?
1) The pricing is not yet final

2) I'll see what can be done

3) Yes - you sign up for an amount of download in each period which has a twelve month 'use by' date

4) Yes.

Michel

Post by Michel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Will there be an auto top up option, when we get to 1/2 GB left that another 10GB will be added to peak and/or offpeak, and charged to our credit card?

Is it only meant for low volume users, will you be able to purchase say 100GB in off peak to use over the month?

If you answer yes and the prices are as good for ADSL 2 I will be transfering from letsgo, as my contract ends soon, and this sounds perfect for what I want.

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Michel wrote:
1) Will there be an auto top up option,

2) when we get to 1/2 GB left that another 10GB will be added to peak and/or offpeak, and charged to our credit card?

3) Is it only meant for low volume users, will you be able to purchase say 100GB in off peak to use over the month?

If you answer yes and the prices are as good for ADSL 2 I will be transfering from letsgo, as my contract ends soon, and this sounds perfect for what I want.

Thanks
1) There will be warning 'block pages' at 1 gb 500 mb and 100 mb which allow you to buy more downloads - theses blocks apply to both periods separately.

2) See above

3) It will suit low volume users best.

Col

Post by Col » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:18 pm

Wow on the new pricing, it's definitely more competitive. Is the Account Administration Charge applicable to these plans, or is it factored into the pricing somewhere?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:39 pm

Col wrote:Wow on the new pricing, it's definitely more competitive. Is the Account Administration Charge applicable to these plans, or is it factored into the pricing somewhere?
There is no account administration fee on these plans.

They are aimed at "pensioners" and other people who don't want to do a lot of downloading.

We believe that they will meet the needs of many low download users in these increasingly uncertain times as they provide almost no profit to Exetel and the prices can't be made any lower at the prices we currently pay to our suppliers.

They are a community contribution from a 'good community citizen' to what we see as being quite difficult times for more than a few people.

codywilson

Post by codywilson » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:33 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We believe that they will meet the needs of many low download users in these increasingly uncertain times as they provide almost no profit to Exetel and the prices can't be made any lower at the prices we currently pay to our suppliers.
I know the aim was for low usage users but I've done some working out and noticed you could have usage as follows:
6Gb peak/100Gb offpeak
@512=$72.80|@1500=$80.30|@8000=$100.30
12Gb peak/200Gb offpeak
@512=$115.60|@1500=$123.10|@8000=$143.10
Obviously these appear expensive but a search of "BROADBAND CHOICE" shows no options with that high a quota at such a low price.
Would users with this sort of profile present a problem??? If not you may notice an inflow of high volume users to these plans.

wizard

Post by wizard » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:36 pm

I think the plans are excellent value and are aim at low end users, but I think it will also attract very high downloaders at $35 per 100 gig offpeak .
Will there be a limit on usage to discourage very high downloaders?

quackpack

Post by quackpack » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Its a good concept to have more lower end user to join in but lower end user would most probably use most of their quota during peak than off-peak.

Why not make prepaid plan user's data to be "use anytime"? This could reduce heavy users to further degrade off-peak periods.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:10 am

wizard wrote:I think the plans are excellent value and are aim at low end users, but I think it will also attract very high downloaders at $35 per 100 gig offpeak .
Will there be a limit on usage to discourage very high downloaders?
Yes - these plans are not intended for anyone but low end users.