"Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
ForumAdmin

"Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:45 pm

THIS POST IS "R" RATED : THINLY DISGUISED AMELIORATED LANGUAGE; WORDS USED VIOLENTLY; POSSIBLE SEXUAL CONNOTATIONS IN SOME WORD USAGE.

ALSO:

PEOPLE WITH INADEQUATE READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS (THIS PROBABLY MEANS YOU IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD IN THE EXPECTATION OF SEEING SOMETHING DETRIMENTAL TO EXETEL CUSTOMERS) WHO HAVE BEEN REFERRED TO THIS POST AS BEING ABOUT EXETEL CUSTOMERS ARE WARNED NOT TO BE DISAPPOINTED ONCE YOU REALISE IT IS ACTUALLY ABOUT CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES, NOT OF EXETEL, BUT OF EFTEL/AANET AND INTERNODE (THE SCUM WHO REFERRED YOU TO THIS THREAD).

HAVE A NICE DAY.

Several forum users have PM'd or emailed me about the comments being made on a third party forum called Whirlpool. Thank you for your concern, and for taking the time and trouble, to pass on that information - your concern is appreciated. Please be aware that the directors/owners of Exetel have less than no interest in the 'negative' things said about Exetel by the sorts of total losers from other ISPs, or employees of other ISPs, who make such comments. Their comments have all the credibility that people who make such comments invariably are perceived to have - none whatsoever.

If you look at that particular thread in any detail you will see that all the denigratory comments and outright lies are not made by 'Exetel' customers but by moronic dickheads whose profiles state they are Internode or aaNet users. Now you might ask yourself why non-Exetel customers would waste their lives posting their vitriolic lies about a small company (Exetel) that is of no concern whatsoever to them. I personally don't know the answer to that question except it can only fall in to one of two categories:

1) They are sociopaths that suffer from a weird version of penis envy that manifests itself in being pathologically jealous of anyone who has a better internet deal than they do.

2) They are total wankers who have such empty lives they actually believe that they can use their anonymity to pretend they are someone else (because, lets face it, they couldn't bear to think they are actually who they are) and in telling incredible lies about another entity they are somehow aggrandising their own entity.

Exetel used to participate, by having Exetel employees and Directors post replies on that third party forum because, right from before Exetel had even connected its first ADSL1 customer, there were people posting the most ridiculous lies there about Exetel and its personnel. As Exetel didn't "go broke in the first three months of its existence" (as several of the early dickheads who posted there constantly claimed) and actually grew each month both in customers and services offered there has never been a let up in the litany of lies and slander posted in that third party forum about Exetel and its personnel.

It eventually got to a point where it was decided not to participate in posting there and Exetel's issued an instruction to its personnel that they were no longer, in any Exetel capacity, to post in that forum and, specifically, NEVER to post in any capacity in the 'Exetel Section' of that forum. As far as I know that instruction has been followed for around two years now.

In general terms, 'Whirlpool' is completely irrelevant to Exetel's business, except in the sense that a small percentage of new and churn broadband users list it as the reason they decided to select Exetel. For that contribution to our customer base we largely have to thank the few Exetel customers who spend some of their time refuting the lies and ludicrous claims of other ISP's dickhead losers who seem to get some satisfaction in wasting their time attacking Exetel and its personnel - one can only marvel at what their psychological profiles would show!

Occasionally some kind person will send me a 'break down' of the demographics of the Whirlpool 'membership' which confirms that less than 1.5% of Exetel's customers list Exetel as their ISP on Whirlpool but that, surprisingly Exetel customers listed as members of Whirlpool are more than double the number of the next 'ranked' participating ISP. (approximately 1,200 compared to approximately 600 - just goes to show the 'validity' of the efforts being put in by them). It also shows how very, very few people actually post on that site - The breakdown I was sent shows this as at November 2nd 2008:

4598 Internode
3748 iiNet
2918 TPG Internet
2806 OptusNet
2594 Telstra BigPond
1298 Exetel
642 Netspace
641 Westnet
623 aaNet
576 Adam Internet
363 AAPT
248 Amnet
212 Virgin Broadband
209 3
208 iPrimus
179 Comcen Internet
155 People Telecom
131 Spin Internet
98 Dodo
80 Vodafone

I don't know what the current estimate of broadband users in Australia is - something like 4 million - so the total recent visitors to Whirlpool account for approximately 0.5% of the Australian user base.

I had a look at the thread that was sent to me and it appears that nothing has changed since I last looked at an Exetel Whirlpool thread - even the detracting psychopathic dickheads from two years ago are still the same bunch of losers peddling their hate and their lies. It just continues to illustrate why Whirlpool is so completely useless as a source of any sensible information - at least as far as the "ISP Section" is concerned. I was under the impression that some sort of moderation was carried out to prevent people, and I use the word loosely, such as:

Greenhawk, aaChris, KitchenWitch, JasonM, Andy, M Rockatansky, Geoff etc - all aaNet 'urgers'/employees/ex employees who seem to spend a great deal of time posting anti-Exetel statements that are always complete lies but no moderator seems inclined to stop them doing that. Of what must their personal lives comprise? Why do they waste their time doing this? I'm told that they have been doing it constantly for over three years - what sort of person do you have to be to do that?

I noticed the same old vitriol from MCE, Wombat and DenseWarrior who for as long as I can remember have claimed to be Exetel customers (actually they are Internode customers, possibly one is an employee of Internode) "just stating from their experience how lousy Exetel is" - transparently untrue but, again no moderation after so long. Have these psychological misfits run out of small animals to torture?

The simple fact is that Exetel's approaching 90,000 customers don't take any notice of 'Whirlpool' (apart from approximately 1,200 Exetel users who are shown as recent posters on that forum) the overwhelming majority probably don't even know it exists) and courtesy of the omnipresent hate merchants, general dickheads, psychopathic losers and just overall f***wits who do post there - little of value can be obtained by any person of average intelligence or above. What value there ever was in the "ISP Section" is washed away by a few hundred sociopaths who trot out there same old lines of vitriolic venom and lies and obliterate the value of so many threads there.

ant333

Re: "Negativity/Sh**storm On 'Whirlpool'

Post by ant333 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Absolutely Agree.

Whirlpool is just that, a whirlpool, sucking anyone who dares to go near it into a vortex of no return.

In the few times i've posted there, which was when i was in geniune need, i was afronted with negativity.

Unfortunately, especially in Australia, some forums are like this. They are filled with insecure 'know it alls' who's sole purpose in life is to maintain a superior position on an internet forum under anonymous guise for which they cannot be held accountable. They are the small, nobodies in the real world, and they artificially inflate their ego's as an overcompensation due to an underlying fragmented and false self.

These people usually are very lonely, very insecure, and have nothing better to do then to spread hate and negativity. Dont' take any notice of them

I imagine they're complaining about the recent fee's and changes to the plans.

I still see no need to churn away personally, and i'm happy to pay extra for the service. Exetel is still great value for money.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:57 pm

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 pm

Its the BigFooty of IT.

I avoid both, like the Plague.

Yoshi_900

Post by Yoshi_900 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:33 pm

i like whirlpool but i only use it to see what is going on with isp's and if there is a problem when exetel it is my second port of call. (the first being here)

i will comment on some of the whirlpool posts but they are all postive about exetel...

even though i was a little bit annoyed about the $3 admin fee i still love exetel.

if i was to get a plan with iinet or some other s***** isp i would be playing 69.95 for the service instead of 53 so im still $17 better off.

<3 exetel... keep the price low and i will always love u :)

Edit by Gidget to keep it clean :)

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:13 am

This is one of the things that pisses me off with many forums and Usenet, where these gutless anonymous morons spew their abusive threats and lies without any accountability.

I always use my radio callsign on the Internet because it makes me accountable, VK3XEM is clearly listed on the ACMA website. Many may not agree with what I say, but at least I am willing to stand up and be accountable for what ever it is.

With Whirlpool I think the only time there is moderation is when someone complains about a post, then it is removed quickly from what I've seen as the forum own is shit scared of being sued.

I normally recommend people to look at Whirlpool when considering a new Broadband connection because of all the plans listed. I actually tell people to compare Exetel with all the other ISP's on that list because I am confident that Exetel provides a very competitive product that is extremely hard to beat.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

MCCMikey

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by MCCMikey » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:28 am

ForumAdmin wrote:It eventualy got to a point where it was decided not to participate in posting there and Exetel's issued an instruction to its personnel that they were no longer, in any Exetel capacity, to post in that forum and, specifically, NEVER to post in any capacity in the 'Exetel Section' of that forum.
G'day FA :) Does this apply to agents as well? I occasionally post on there but only recently changed my Username to that of my Consulting business, with the subtitle of Exetel Agent N040. I don't recall being told not to. (I used to be named as my dialup business instead, but with HSPA that's becoming rather limited now!)

Cheers, Mike.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 pm

MCCMikey wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:It eventualy got to a point where it was decided not to participate in posting there and Exetel's issued an instruction to its personnel that they were no longer, in any Exetel capacity, to post in that forum and, specifically, NEVER to post in any capacity in the 'Exetel Section' of that forum.
G'day FA :) Does this apply to agents as well? I occasionally post on there but only recently changed my Username to that of my Consulting business, with the subtitle of Exetel Agent N040. I don't recall being told not to. (I used to be named as my dialup business instead, but with HSPA that's becoming rather limited now!)

Cheers, Mike.
It only applies to Exetel employees.

MCCMikey

Post by MCCMikey » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:40 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: It only applies to Exetel employees.
OK thanks for that :)

rjblanch

Post by rjblanch » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:39 pm

I am a very active user of Whirlpool and I saw a post regarding this, so decided to check it out.

I cannot believe what I have just read - if anyone else had posted this, would it still be up for people to read....

Honestly, if you are upset that much by it - dont read it.
If you think it is wrong - say something on the thread or give a valid reply.
If you dont really like what is being said - ignore it....

I know the irony in this post, but I cannot believe that something like this can be written and available for comment

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:02 pm

rjblanch wrote:I am a very active user of Whirlpool and I saw a post regarding this, so decided to check it out.

I cannot believe what I have just read - if anyone else had posted this, would it still be up for people to read....

Honestly, if you are upset that much by it - dont read it.
If you think it is wrong - say something on the thread or give a valid reply.
If you dont really like what is being said - ignore it....

I know the irony in this post, but I cannot believe that something like this can be written and available for comment
What is it you "can't believe" that you read?

That someone who is made aware that a bunch of psychopaths who either work for or who have some distressingly uhealthy 'relationship' with Internode and Eftel/aanet are making denigratory and lying statements about Exetel shouldn't describe those people in what, by definition of their own words, are correct descriptions of the loathsome apologies for human beings that they are?

Or don't you understand what you read?

daza

Post by daza » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 pm

While I agree with ForumAdmin's post, I think it is a poor show by any representative of a company with 90,000 customers to be name calling and using teenage retorts.

I am a loyal Exetel customer, have referred many friends - defending and supporting on Whirlpool (when appropriate, after all, I am just a customer) and completely agree that the fanboism on Whirlpool is ridiculous. But this is only feeding the trolls.

The best way to deal with issues like this is to completely ignore them, something you have been doing very well for some time. Clearly there has been a build-up of PMs, e-mails, etc, and you need to let off some steam, but it is simply worsening the situation.

I love reading John Linton's blog and think if at all comments like these are best left to personal blogs. This is a forum where many prospective customers will come to, and if they don't know about Whirlpool (like many don't) they will be confused as to what the fuss is about.

Whirlpool as a whole is not bad. But I stay far away from the ISP sub-forums. I was constantly trying to knock sense in to people who lie and defame Exetel but I simply got over it, and decided there is no changing these peoples minds. There is a wealth of information there and some good discussion, like always there will be idiots but you just move on with life and ignore them.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:28 pm

daza wrote:While I agree with ForumAdmin's post,

1) I think it is a poor show by any representative of a company with 90,000 customers

2) to be name calling and using teenage retorts.

3) am a loyal Exetel customer, have referred many friends - defending and supporting on Whirlpool (when appropriate, after all, I am just a customer) and completely agree that the fanboism on Whirlpool is ridiculous..
1) I am not a "representative" of Exetel - I am a major shareholder and key decision maker - a very big difference in perspective.

2) I've re-read my post and, as someone who won't see his 60th birthday again cannot find any wording that could reasonably be described as "teenage" and while my syntax may be complex it certainly cannot qualify as "retorts".

3) Daza, I have always been very grateful for your support and value your input very highly.

Perhaps you might like to consider that I have some 10+ years of using electronic media, particularly fora, together with whatever slight skills I may possess in using the written word to achieve various objectives and results.

I wrote the post you refer to with three objectives. I have every confidence that the two simpler of the objectives will be achieved and I am hopeful that the third may be successful as well. I learned a long time ago that you don't need to be a 'Jedi Master' to manipulate the weak minded to do practically anything you might decide to 'make' them do.

Please don't take this reply as a criticism of what you said - it is meant kindly.

daza

Post by daza » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Thank you for your response. Although it probably didn't need explaining, I can better understand what your point of view is now and all your points are completely valid.

At the end of the day, I only want the best for Exetel - because the better they 'go', the more value I see out of my plan (no price increases/more quota).

Those who take time out of their day to actively hate upon another company for no conceivable reason are sad individuals. But this is a fact of life, not just for ISPs, but for nearly any company or person who has success. Those who cannot achieve will only hate, while those who can will praise.

hardya

Post by hardya » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:36 am

I am not sure what the riff-raff on Whirlpool want. No price increases ever again for the rest of their lifetime?

Crikey, the $3.00 admin fee is really only a relatively small price to pay when Exetel continue to offer such great value plans. I recently moved from Powertel ADSL2 (with Telstra PSTN) to a bundled Exetel deal (Optus ADSL2 and Optus PSTN 'INCPHONE') plan, and I am saving around $20/month; not to mention that I no longer have to fork-out extra for an unlisted line.

Exetel have been extremely fair by giving plenty of notice of the admin fee introduction, and offering those who don't like it to churn away without penalty. What more could anyone ask for?

Despite the whinges and moans from many others, I think the changes being introduced are fair and reasonable, and I will blow the trumpet for Exetel and continue to use and recommend them for good value and for promoting competition within the industry.

PS: For the Whirlpoolian flamers, no, I am not an Exetel employee or agent. :D