"Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Midnight Rider
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by Midnight Rider » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:44 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
Perhaps you might like to consider that I have some 10+ years of using electronic media, particularly fora, together with whatever slight skills I may possess in using the written word to achieve various objectives and results.

I wrote the post you refer to with three objectives. I have every confidence that the two simpler of the objectives will be achieved and I am hopeful that the third may be successful as well.
LOL, I reckon part 1 is already sitting on the front news page of Whirlpool, and part 2 is attracting the attention of curious onlookers in the WP Exetel subforum.

As for part 3... no doubt that will come to pass in the next couple of month's growth figures.

vk3xem
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: HEALESVILLE
Contact:

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by vk3xem » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:30 am

hardya wrote:I am not sure what the riff-raff on Whirlpool want. No price increases ever again for the rest of their lifetime?
They are sick and lonely individuals that are not even customers of Exetel. They pick what they think is an easy target and spew lies and propaganda to make them feel more popular and wanted within their own minds.

They won't be paying the $3 Admin fee but that is totally irrelevant apart from it being a soap box they have found and will keep using until it runs out of powder.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Richard Lawes
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Warrnambool Victoria

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by Richard Lawes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:13 am

Dear Forum Admin.

I had a good laugh when i read your posting, it was very entertaining and pretty much summed up every "forum" malcontent out there. Being that by chance i do know who you are i actually registered to post a reply. I am not an exetel customer at home, im a bigpond customer by choice because of some of the things i need my connection for. What i am is an exetel dealer who proudly and happily provides exetel services to business clients of mine because:

1: All SMB's are price and cost wary and exetel is a very long way ahead of the competition when it comes to providing reasonably priced solutions.

2: Exetel empowers there clients to build there IT infrastructure and improve how they conduct business with the "ok what do you need to do" approach where people like James Linton (hi james) will take the time to investigate and instigate services sometimes not even listed in order to provide you with a solution.

3: Exetel support staff seem more like human beings than robots sitting in a call centre searching an internal knowledge base finding no result for your issue then telling you to buy a new modem.

So mr forum administrator, good on you for giving the "trolls" as they are known in internet speak a shot back and i hope you take the time to enjoy your business success and laugh at those who questioned or slandered you.

Richard Lawes
Network Engineer
Enhanced Resources

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:33 am

Richard Lawes wrote:Dear Forum Admin.

I had a good laugh when i read your posting, it was very entertaining and pretty much summed up every "forum" malcontent out there. Being that by chance i do know who you are i actually registered to post a reply. I am not an exetel customer at home, im a bigpond customer by choice because of some of the things i need my connection for. What i am is an exetel dealer who proudly and happily provides exetel services to business clients of mine because:

1: All SMB's are price and cost wary and exetel is a very long way ahead of the competition when it comes to providing reasonably priced solutions.

2: Exetel empowers there clients to build there IT infrastructure and improve how they conduct business with the "ok what do you need to do" approach where people like James Linton (hi james) will take the time to investigate and instigate services sometimes not even listed in order to provide you with a solution.

3: Exetel support staff seem more like human beings than robots sitting in a call centre searching an internal knowledge base finding no result for your issue then telling you to buy a new modem.

So mr forum administrator, good on you for giving the "trolls" as they are known in internet speak a shot back and i hope you take the time to enjoy your business success and laugh at those who questioned or slandered you.

Richard Lawes
Network Engineer
Enhanced Resources
Thank you for your kind comments - and your support - I very much appreciate it.

Klaas
Posts: 609
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by Klaas » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Every time I see threads like those on Whirlpool (which I gave up as a serious source of useful information years ago), I'm reminded of the following quote:

"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion."

Reporter John Lawton, speaking to the American Association of Broadcast Journalists in 1995.

It's (very) occasionally interesting to follow the dynamics of how a speculative conjecture made in a post soon becomes received wisdom in following posts made by by people who have absolutely no clue.

8888Exetel8888
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:18 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by 8888Exetel8888 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Well, i received an email this week with a link to this forum which is titled 'EXETEL - NEW LOWS'. Yes there is an email circulating the internet now, which explains how Exetel treats its customers and the attitude of management using this as an example.

I have recommended Exetel to many friends and family but, i can't say i agree that using language of that nature is acceptable or professional and name calling is purely childish. There are ways and means of making a point without lowering yourself to those levels and i fell in this case you have not done yourself any favours. In fact, your post, by its content, demontrates that you yourself are equally guilty of the offences you acuse of others.

I can only imagine that Exetel would be very disappointed by comments like this, i know i am as a customer.

If you have a problem with Whirlpool posters then why not explain your issues using rhetoric that is free from obsenities, rise above instead on lowering yourself to these levels as you have unfortunately done!

I find your post offensive and feel post like this do nothing for the reputation of Exetel.

Very embarassing.........................

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:50 pm

8888Exetel8888 wrote:
A) Well, i received an email this week with a link to this forum which is titled 'EXETEL - NEW LOWS'.

1) Yes there is an email circulating the internet now, which explains how Exetel treats its customers and the attitude of management using this as an example.

2) I have recommended Exetel to many friends and family

3) but, i can't say i agree that using language of that nature is acceptable or professional and name calling is purely childish. There are ways and means of making a point without lowering yourself to those levels and i fell in this case you have not done yourself any favours. In fact, your post, by its content, demonstrates that you yourself are equally guilty of the offences you accuse of others.

4) I can only imagine that Exetel would be very disappointed by comments like this, i know i am as a customer.

5) If you have a problem with Whirlpool posters then why not explain your issues using rhetoric that is free from obscenities, rise above instead on lowering yourself to these levels as you have unfortunately done!

6)I find your post offensive and feel post like this do nothing for the reputation of Exetel.

Very embarrassing.........................
A) One can only wonder who would send you such an email and where they would get your email address?

1) It is very hard to understand how anyone who can actually read the post could draw a conclusion that it is directed at Exetel customers. It very specifically states that it addresses the lies and denigrations of specific posters from Eftel and Internode (some of whom have posed as Exetel customers in the past).

However; if you can point out to me where the post ascribes ANY comment to an Exetel customer I will immediately re-write any such words to remove that possibility of interpretation
.

If you can't do that I'm sure such a fair minded and reasonable person that you seem to put forward yourself as being will be happy to apologise for libeling me?

2) Thank you for your support.

3) I disagree that anything said about the 3 year long litany of lying and denigraton and its perpetrators could be couched in language other than I used. You hold a different opinion - but then you start from the false premise that the descriptions were being applied to Exetel customers.

4) You would be mistaken in that assumption in terms of 'Exetel'.

5) I used the descriptions I deemed most appropriate to the people and their long term actions - you, who apparenty doesn't understand the issue based on your opening error, are entitled to misread my post and make your own judgements. I think it would be better if you would accept that having made an error of ascription as the basis of your subsequent criticisms you might be better to modify your view.

6) You, of course, should form whatever views you believe are appropriate.

Possibly if you understood that for three years the same group of people had constantly attempted to damage you personally and your company's ability generally to honour its obligations to its customers by lying and other deceptions - for no other reasons other than they were worthless semi sentient detritus, you would feel, think and act differently.

As someone who has worked 80 - 90 hours most weeks for the past five years to ensure that you, for however long you have been an Exetel customer, have received the lowest cost service(s) at the highest levels of quality perhaps you could consider that I might have some idea about how to best run this company and deal with the various issues that have needed addressing from time to time over that period.

Of course, an "unprofessional" person would not know what total dedication to producing the best possible customer services is - so my question may be regarded as rhetorical in your case although this very unprofessional person is still working at 10 pm at night, as on most nights, to respond to your queries and your insults as politely and as completely as I can do at this time.

So, as it's getting late, in conclusion let me just make the point that if you met me in person you almost certainly would not like me. To people outside my family and a few others I certainly often appear to be cold, hard and very, very direct with a distressing habit of using rough and crude language - a legacy, at least partially, of three years in a very rough suburb as my introduction to Australia as an 'abandoned' 17 year old and something I've found useful in various circumstances ever since.

However, you buy services from Exetel and obtain service and support from Exetel employees who are well educated (technically) unfailingly polite and helpful, very hard working and very efficient - and you get these services at the lowest possible cost. What sort of person a major shareholder of Exetel is should be irrelevant to you. (other than knowing that he is a staunch supporter of all Australian's ability to get the lowest possible cost communications services and prefers to donate most of the slim profits that Exetel makes to preventing Australian flora and fauna species from becoming extinct and lessening co2 impact by donating to tree planting.

As you won't be inviting me to dinner and as I'm notoriously anti-social and therefore almost certainly won't be inviting you to dinner you will never have to be offended in person by my rough manners and unfortunate way of speaking. What you can get the benefit from is our really good services that are at least partly possible because I work 90 hours each week and have done for 59 consecutive months without a break to negotiate fiercely both within and without Exetel to get the very lowest costs of delivery with the very best support people so that you can pay the very least for very high quality services.

Of course, to do that, you'll have to turn a blind eye to my rough and ready ways and perhaps even uncouth turn of phrase in my written communications on occasions which is easily done - don't read them.

You can continue to look down on me unpityingly, as your post makes clear, and doubtless you will believe yourself to be correct in your views - I'm sure there are more than a few people who share your views of my manners and language skills (so you must be right) but my manners/language don't affect the quality and quantity of the work I do unceasingly on your, and all other customer's, behalf.

Irrespective of the incorrect and libelous comments you,and others like you, continue to make, I will never stop working harder than most people can conceive is possible to ensure that you get the very best services at the very lowest costs - and you get to feel superior to me for being such an uneducated lout (sort of the way the privileged used to regard their servants) - it's a double benefit when you come to think of it!

austdata
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by austdata » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:11 am

ForumAdmin wrote:I learned a long time ago that you don't need to be a 'Jedi Master' to manipulate the weak minded to do practically anything you might decide to 'make' them do.
Well that's a fact! If it weren't, there'd be no Scientology. :twisted: (Didn't they try to claim Star Wars as their own story?)
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

codywilson
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by codywilson » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:55 am

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 30&p=2#r27
And WP users wonder why you have nothing nice to say about that place.

codywilson
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by codywilson » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:26 am

You're wrong James. Facts and figures mean nothing when you have a secret person revealing secrets...
Yah for anonymous forums.
I'd herring it but I got sin binned 1.5 days ago...
Last edited by codywilson on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mixer
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:21 pm
Location: Sydney - Randwick

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by Mixer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:02 am

My the trolls are getting restless.
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

8888Exetel8888
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:18 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by 8888Exetel8888 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:53 pm

Post Edited By ForumAdmin - 8.00 am - Friday 14th November 2008

Your post has been removed and your subsequent posts in this thread have also been removed. You clearly aren't going to apologise for your initial libel.

You have been sent the following PM:

"Your posts are off topic and therefore have been removed.

Conform to the clearly stated rules of this forum or lose your posting rights (though that would presumably be of no consequence as your first post in this forum was your invalid criticism in the one thread you have contributed to).

Should you believe that Exetel isn't the right ISP for you, "and your children" then, as you've been advised, there is no penalty if you churn away from Exetel before 30th November 2008 (but of course - you personally can't do that can you and there is no point in "protecting your children" is there?).

flak
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 7:17 am

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by flak » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 pm

8888Exetel8888 wrote:I do not feel i, my children or anyone else should be subjected to such language.

Many thanks, 8888Exetel8888

I suggest you consider doing several things:

1) Grow up. You live in Australia in 2008. Unless you and your children live in a cave you will be exposed to the F word on a daily basis. It is part of the vernacular, it is in our movies and our music. By sensationalising it all you are doing is increasing its impact. If you ignore it, you remove it's power.

2) Exercise your parental responsibility to ensure your children are not exposed to what you deem is inappropriate. Regardless of how heavily moderated a forum is, swear words may be present for a length of time before it is removed.

3) Realise that this is Exetel's forum and the post has been deemed as appropriate for the forum by an owner of the company. No amount of outrage on your behalf is likely to change this.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 am

Moderating forums is a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Because as soon as you start removing particular posts or even whole threads you are accused of censoring a topic. I, personally, only moderate posts that are off-topic regardless of the use of language (and of course, since bad language usually implies off-topic ranting, these, too, often get removed).

However, the topic of this thread is about the slandering of Exetel on Whirlpool threads and is, by definition, an emotive topic. Plus, it is within the forum of "Anything Else Anyone Wants to Discuss" and therefore is not off-topic. Plus it is written by the forum owner; so it's here to stay until archived.

Mixer
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:21 pm
Location: Sydney - Randwick

Re: "Negativity/"Sh**storm" On 'Whirlpool'

Post by Mixer » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:31 am

8888Exetel8888 wrote:Dear Forumadmin,

I do not feel i, my children or anyone else should be subjected to such language.
What an absolute storm in a tea cup..what decade are you coming from?
My old English prof could have used your 'moral indignation' as a classic example of late Victorian style and tone.
The language used in this thread is heard and read on Australian Radio TV and newsprint all the time.
I am more concerned with a person who thinly veils their 'hateExetelhate'.
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

Post Reply