Fauna & Flora Projects

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Colt

Fauna & Flora Projects

Post by Colt » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:04 am

Just wondering if there is a need/desire for external help from the community (voluntary support stuff). Not in terms of fieldwork (not trying to turn Exetel's office into PlanetArk), just maybe info/publications/feedback/commentary etc.

ForumAdmin

Re: Fauna & Flora Projects

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:34 am

Criminal_Colt wrote:Just wondering if there is a need/desire for external help from the community (voluntary support stuff). Not in terms of fieldwork (not trying to turn Exetel's office into PlanetArk), just maybe info/publications/feedback/commentary etc.
We have never considered doing that.

What exactly do you think could be achieved?

Colt

Re: Fauna & Flora Projects

Post by Colt » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Well when I saw the poster I thought I and maybe other people would be interested in adding information etc. I'm guessing most of this information would normally be provided through means of the project in the first place but I thought the poster was pretty handy and the kind of thing a community might be able to support through similar means.

Yes, I'm being incredibly vague but I was just wondering whether you'd considered it. Just trying to think of ways we could possibly get more community involvement rather than just an <insert coins here> sort of scenario. <---Even if that just means more discussion.