BUSH FIRES

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
jayday

Re: BUSH FIRES

Post by jayday » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Mod Delete
Last edited by jayday on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richardk
Exetel Staff

Post by richardk » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 am

Hello vk3xem,

I just thought I would let you know that I am very proud of you for providing fire protection for people in Melbourne.
At the moment I volunteer with the Warringah / Pittwater Rural Fire Service communications unit in NSW. I've loved every time I go up to the control room once a fortnight for the past year.

We have sent our command vehicle down to Victoria last week along with quite a few fire fighters and tankers.
Unfortuantly I was unable to say that I was available to man the forward command unit due to work commitments.

Really do hope that everything goes well for you in the coming weeks.

jayday

Post by jayday » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Duplicate post.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks richardk, and to others here, I am actually providing security for the CFA Staging Area in Whittlesea. I am finally home for a few hours after spending last night in hospital, I am here pick up a few much needed supplies before returning tonight.

The battle is ongoing, I just went past the CFA Staging area here in Healesville and it is much larger apparently handling about 500 personnel each day. Friday is the next worry but hopefully it will pass without incident and the job will be over soon.

I was meant to work two short shifts at Whittlesea Show grounds for a Country Music Festival but when the fires started it was cancelled to make way for the CFA Staging Area and I was asked initially requested by CFA, MAS and St John's to remove a freelance photographer for repeatedly trying to photograph serious burns victims. From there we were requested to stay on site for the duration to keep the fire-fighters and other emergency service personnel and their equipment safe. I am just hoping I can keep going until it is over and not collapse again.

My brother is in Kinglake, one of the worst affected areas, working with the Army.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM