ADSL1 to ADSL2 + VoiP Sales Question

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Dabront

ADSL1 to ADSL2 + VoiP Sales Question

Post by Dabront » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm

We currently have a residential ADSL 1 connection through Exetel connected to the New Lambton exchange. We pay rent on 3 (Telstra) phone lines to Optus. We would like to use VoIP to save on telephony. Can we change to ADSL2 with VoIP and also move the line rental to Exetel?

We do not require a business grade connection but need phones so minimal downtime is important. We were looking at purchasing a modem router with multiple VoIP facilities, something like this;

http://www.cormain.com.au/store/agora.c ... inc=detail

and we would use up to five phones. We were not looking to change the existing PABX (too many past problems) and we don't require any DIDs or inbound VoIP. Can we do this, is there a better way?

lingg

Re: ADSL1 to ADSL2 + VoiP Sales Question

Post by lingg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:30 pm

I guess you want to setup VOIP accounts for outgoing calls?

Can you please pm me your current service number(phone number) and I'll discuss the details with you shortly

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:31 pm

The connection you are posting on is actually ADSL2+ from our records.

You can add VoIP services to your service, the first of which has no monthly fees (unless unused). You can add VoIP to your service using VoIP compatible equipment, such as a VoIP capable modem, or an ATA.

You can keep your current physical lines seperate from VoIP.

Dabront

Post by Dabront » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 pm

The connection I am posting on is from my home, yes it is ADSL2. I will pm lingg the number. Yes we do want VoIp for outbound calls, but can we make up to 5 calls simultaneously or would we need 5 accounts, if so how do we enable? Can we move the line rental as well, we don't need multiple ADSL accounts.

Thanks for your quick responses.