Exetel's Suggestion Box

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Exetel's Suggestion Box

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:35 am

In its first for months we have received over 1,000 suggestions and implemented almost 300 of those suggestions ‘immediately’ and have added a further 25 to our longer term to do list.

Customer suggestions and recommendations are an absolutely key part of the way we operate Exetel and we, hopefully, end up providing better services because of customer feedback.

If you have anything at all you would like reviewed by Exetel’s directors all suggestions made will be seriously considered - assuming they are realistically phrased.

A recent ‘angry customer’ used this comment in an attempt to belittle Exetel and it’s CEO recently:

“Exetel is so pathetic and pitifully small it’s CEO answers its suggestion emails”

Exetel is very small, (100,000 customers - $A50 million annual revenue) but the CEO looks at every suggestion, not because we are “so small” but because we highly value our customer’s feedback and the CEO has the most ‘clout’ when it comes to assigning the suggestions for action.

It takes him between one and two hours each day (including weekends and public holidays) and he attempts to provide an answer himself or get someone else to provide an answer within 30 minutes of receiving the suggestion.

Perhaps there are some advantages of being “a pitifully small company”.

LordS

Re: Exetel's Suggestion Box

Post by LordS » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 am

I've sent through a couple myself, most have been answered in some form or another....

I suggested that the usage block page redirect to a page within the user facilities, or to a page that requires a password/username combination to prevent any legal issues that may ensue from a family member/internet user accepting charges on the behalf of the account holder.

A response asking me to elaborate, then never a confirmation etc?

I also suggested (via John's Personal Blog as I was seeking his opinion not that of someone he appointed) that flash be done away with for the Exetel website as it looks shabby and have the whole website remodeled to be easier to follow (rather than links leading nowhere and information directly contradicting what was a few pages earlier).

I may not have used the best terminology, but I think a response such as 'You're correct - Exetel isn't a democracy' to be a little strong?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 am

LordS, it might help to have a long memory. Flash was controversial from the outset and heatedly debated in this forum, so we users were consulted. For the record, I am anti. But a decision had to be made, and the directors did so, as is their right. At the same time an alternative page with html based login was set up specially for IT types and purists like us - http://www.exetel.com.au/index_alt.php. After all that heat, you were stirring the pot a bit, even if inadvertently. If you use Opera, you can turn flash off/on on a site-by-site basis.

LordS

Post by LordS » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:43 am

Dazzled wrote:LordS, it might help to have a long memory. Flash was controversial from the outset and heatedly debated in this forum, so we users were consulted. For the record, I am anti. But a decision had to be made, and the directors did so, as is their right. At the same time an alternative page with html based login was set up specially for IT types and purists like us - http://www.exetel.com.au/index_alt.php. After all that heat, you were stirring the pot a bit, even if inadvertently. If you use Opera, you can turn flash off/on on a site-by-site basis.
I probably wasn't around during the discussion so I had no knowledge of the consultation with users... Maybe John could've mentioned it and taken a more level headed approach to replying such as yours.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:38 pm

We run Exetel based on devoting almost every waking hour to providing the best possible service.

If that level of service doesn't meet the needs of our 100,000+ customers we understand that they will move to another provider.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:00 pm

I am more than happy with Exetel's service and it's pro-active approach to developing services for us.

For example I don't know of any other company that actively provides for mobile VoIP, most block it out right!
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

trissy

Post by trissy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 pm

The suggestion box works great. The communication thereafter seems to lack.

I suggested on the invoices that the service number should be added to the item line, so that multiple of the same service types could be differentiated.

I was sent an email saying that it would be done the following month. It hadn't been done by then, so I replied with a quick email, havnt heard anything yet.
Tristan.

toast

Post by toast » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Glad to see the suggestion box has been such a productive customer improvement tool. It reminds me of a story I heard (that's what brains do) where Toyota's employees were allowed make suggestions. Micro changes if you will. One guy's suggestion was to change the sound the door made when it closed. Maybe it was an urban myth.

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 am

trissy wrote:The suggestion box works great. The communication thereafter seems to lack.

I suggested on the invoices that the service number should be added to the item line, so that multiple of the same service types could be differentiated.

I was sent an email saying that it would be done the following month. It hadn't been done by then, so I replied with a quick email, havnt heard anything yet.
I've had the opposite experience. My suggestions (via the suggestion box and email) have all been responded to within a few hours, have where possible been implemented within days. Nothing but excellent communication and service from people like Chris, James, Paul & John.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:11 pm

trissy wrote:The suggestion box works great. The communication thereafter seems to lack.

I have added the service number in the description. You can have a look at your June invoice. If you have any comment on this, you can email me:

raymondl@exetel.com.au

trissy

Post by trissy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Edwin wrote: I've had the opposite experience. My suggestions (via the suggestion box and email) have all been responded to within a few hours, have where possible been implemented within days. Nothing but excellent communication and service from people like Chris, James, Paul & John.
Response time was excellent - again within a few hours.
I'm sure it was just an oversight - probably a sticky note which somehow leaves your desk, and gets attached to the back of your shirt, like which happened to me today - go figure.

raymond wrote:

I have added the service number in the description. You can have a look at your June invoice. If you have any comment on this, you can email me:

raymondl@exetel.com.au
Thanks raymond :)
Tristan.