Will this affect Exetel?

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
thomashouseman

Re: Will this affect Exetel?

Post by thomashouseman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:36 am

karLos wrote:good news.

hopefully someone will bring some legal action against telstra for this.
What for, for letting you rip them off for years before closing the gap? These services cost money you know.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 pm

thomashouseman wrote:
karLos wrote:good news.

hopefully someone will bring some legal action against telstra for this.
What for, for letting you rip them off for years before closing the gap? These services cost money you know.
And they continue to get money forever and a day if you have any service that uses the landline.... the last mile of copper is paid for by the ISP and ultimately the customer one way or another and Hel$tra gets money for that!

bulletmark

Post by bulletmark » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:35 am

Can somebody explain what this means for a new customer? I am currently on an iinet phone bundle plan (on an iinet adsl2 dslam) and wish to transfer to a naked exetel plan. It is my understanding that this can only be done by transferring the phone line to Telstra first (e.g. to a homeline budget plan). Is it now the case that this will cost me $100 more than I thought? If so then this will kill many people moving to exetel.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 am

bulletmark,

You would need to activate a service with Telstra first as you are on different infrastructure with iinet. I note that once you are connected to Exetel and decide to move premises in future cases, we are able to provide new installs without the need to activate a line with Telstra.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:06 am

paulp wrote:You would need to activate a service with Telstra first as you are on different infrastructure with iinet.
Does this mean that the $100 extra Telstra charge is unavoidable?

Can bulletmark simply cancel the existing iiNet services, returning the phone line to an unactivated state, and then apply as a standard new customer, paying a $90 activation fee as opposed to the previous $40 activation fee in order to provision the phone line as well?

bulletmark

Post by bulletmark » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:31 am

I think Paul roundabout answer says the $100 charge is unavoidable.

Or can I move my phone account to Telstra homeline budget and keep my iinet adsl2 account, continue to use voip for all my calls as I do now, and just wait 3 months out before I start the exetel transfer?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:36 am

The terms Telstra have are not exact - if you 'port' to them, then technically, it's an existing service.
You should clarify with Telstra, to ensure what you might be in for.

Answering the question: Exetel is not performing new address-based activations at this time.

bulletmark

Post by bulletmark » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:51 am

JasonM wrote:The terms Telstra have are not exact - if you 'port' to them, then technically, it's an existing service.
You should clarify with Telstra, to ensure what you might be in for.
So I should ring the general Telstra help number, and take whatever answer the young Indian girl gives me as the final truth? As opposed to asking you guys here who deal with these quirky Oz asdl/phone migrations every day?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:20 am

bulletmark wrote:
So I should ring the general Telstra help number, and take whatever answer the young Indian girl gives me as the final truth? As opposed to asking you guys here who deal with these quirky Oz asdl/phone migrations every day?
Unfortunately Exetel can't act on your behalf in such a transaction and we can't give you definitive advice about another company's policies and procedures.

bulletmark

Post by bulletmark » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:22 am

OK, I just transferred my phone account to Telstra homeline budget but kept my iinet adsl2 home 4 account for internet + voip. It will take 10 to 15 days to transfer.

I'll then wait 3 months unless somebody here definitely determines we can avoid that $100 in which case I will migrate to Exetel naked immediately.

beatmag

Post by beatmag » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:53 pm

if i am currently on ADSL1 with exetel, can I use this relocation method to get INCphone ADSL2+ plans?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Beatmag,if you want an INC2DSL* plan on the same line as the existing ADSL1/Telstra phone, just apply on line in the user facility - the whole line simply is transferred, unshared, to Optus equipment without any further action by you.

The to-do in this thread is about services at a new address, with early Telstra termination.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm

beatmag's query if for a current ADSL connection in one location, wishing to relocate the service to a new location AND upgrade to ADSL2+ simultaneously.

The most pertinent post seems to be http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 67#p250667 which states:
paulp wrote:Further to ForumAdmin and Jason M's post, Exetel will begin to offer, for current customers the ability to relocate and reconnect without the need of activating a line with Telstra.
This will, as per mention, have a cost of $90.
Also, as Forum Admin has said, it's progressive and currently will apply to those customers with Exetel.
There was another thread which I recall by someone who did exactly this recently, I'll see if I can find it again
Edit: Found it at http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 97#p252497. User says "I confirm that this is on the members facilities page now." but when I check mine I only see the standard $40 relocation with warnings saying "you must have an active phone line". I would suggest you email provisioning@exetel.com.au to confirm the process

Fausty

Post by Fausty » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Does anyone know what the turn around time for this is?

Fausty

Post by Fausty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Bueller? Bueller?