iinet introduces Freezone...Where is our Xmas Present Exetel

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Sgtspike

iinet introduces Freezone...Where is our Xmas Present Exetel

Post by Sgtspike » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:51 am

Well, thought I might bring this up. iinet(your competitor) has introduced...this. Will we have anything similar :p
is the season to be giving, which is why we're switching off our iiNet quota counters on Christmas Day. This means that when the clock strikes 12:00am on Christmas Day, iiNet customers across the board can download to their heart's content for 24 hours - all without having to worry about their quota. Find out more about our iiNet quota-free Chrissie present.

It's been a big year for giving and receiving. Throughout 2009, we've shared more than a few rounds of quota upgrades - scroll on down to read about our latest upsize. On the iiNet awards front, we're chuffed by all the recognition we've received. Without tooting our own horn too much, it's nice to know you're with a winner.

Our Freezone has also continued growing month by month, and in March we increased everyone's iiNet inboxes up to 1 gig. Not too sure how big a gig is? No problem - run through this month's Geek Speak which breaks down file sizes into byte (pun intended) sized chunks
http://www.iinet.net.au/customers/iinew ... tm_content

Mixer

Re: iinet introduces Freezone...Where is our Xmas Present Exetel

Post by Mixer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:07 am

Sgtspike wrote:Will we have anything similar :p
run through this month's Geek Speak which breaks down file sizes into byte (pun intended) sized chunks
Gee sounds like a huge bucket of summer fun over at iinet. If your lucky you can download the Wiggles for free. Wow :roll:
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:43 am

Sgtspike wrote:Well, thought I might bring this up. iinet(your competitor) has introduced...this. Will we have anything similar :p
is the season to be giving, which is why we're switching off our iiNet quota counters on Christmas Day. This means that when the clock strikes 12:00am on Christmas Day, iiNet customers across the board can download to their heart's content for 24 hours - all without having to worry about their quota. Find out more about our iiNet quota-free Chrissie present.

It's been a big year for giving and receiving. Throughout 2009, we've shared more than a few rounds of quota upgrades - scroll on down to read about our latest upsize. On the iiNet awards front, we're chuffed by all the recognition we've received. Without tooting our own horn too much, it's nice to know you're with a winner.

Our Freezone has also continued growing month by month, and in March we increased everyone's iiNet inboxes up to 1 gig. Not too sure how big a gig is? No problem - run through this month's Geek Speak which breaks down file sizes into byte (pun intended) sized chunks
http://www.iinet.net.au/customers/iinew ... tm_content
I hope not, but I guess if we increased your monthly fees to the IINET equivalent we could give you a lot more than one free day.

MCCMikey

Post by MCCMikey » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 am

Agreed. We get our Christmas Present every day with the best prices :)

Mind you, Steam is offering huge discounts on games - I grabbed a copy of GTA4 for $10AU roughly. Not being a gamer I'm out of step with that industry. The damn thing was 15 gigabytes! Amazingly however it pulled in at an almost constant 8mbps on my ADSL1 connection, and most Exetel plans have plenty of off peak to cover this sort of extravagance.

Side note - looks like their games load SecuROM onto your computer - proceed with caution or have a second copy of Windows just for games.

Cheers, Mike.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:00 pm

I am certainly happy with my ADSL quota, but really our off peak meter's are in effect off every day.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM