Some clarifications required Please.

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Ditman1

Some clarifications required Please.

Post by Ditman1 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi

First of all I would like to say Happy New Year.

I have just been sitting down and having a look at all the wonderful tools Exetel gives me access to and then I started to thinks has anything changed and can I update to newer plans.

So here goes I am on a plan TELK (O) and thought contracted to 11/3/2010 but account shows this under Members facilities. I am on ADSL2 with phone from exetel(Optus).

Service Activation Date: 2009-03-11
Contract Period: No Initial Term
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-03-11

Questions:

1. Am I contracted ?
2. Has off peak periods been changed for old plans back to 12 -12 ? (thought I might of read it somewhere) Members facilities does not seem to show current hours for Peak/OffPeak but am happy to be corrected.
3. If or if not contracted can I move to one of the newer plans like NF/23INCTEL $0.00 $80.00 70 gbytes 60 gbytes $0.50 without a fee if contracted ?
4. If I can move does that mean a new contract period or just a plan move ?
5. Will I loose any of facilities I have under my current plan like voip, sms, faxes etc moving to the new plan above ?

Sorry for being long winded but best be informed and with a new year time for changes to be made.

Thanks in advance.

Lawrie

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Some clarifications required Please.

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Ditman1 wrote:1. Am I contracted ?
As you point out, it seems that your plan had "no initial contract term". It is best to confirm this with billing@exetel.com.au if you are concerned. I don't remember the TELK (O) plan at all but I suspect that it might have been one that got automatically migrated from an ADSL1 TELx plan and therefore had no continuation of contract.
Ditman1 wrote:2. Has off peak periods been changed for old plans back to 12 -12 ? (thought I might of read it somewhere) Members facilities does not seem to show current hours for Peak/OffPeak but am happy to be corrected.
The new plans (i.e. the NF ones) are midnight to midday off-peak
Ditman1 wrote:3. If or if not contracted can I move to one of the newer plans like NF/23INCTEL $0.00 $80.00 70 gbytes 60 gbytes $0.50 without a fee if contracted ?
I think this is not relevant as you don't seem to be on contract but in general, even if you were on contract, movement of plans that remain on the same infrastructure do not incur any cancellation fee, re-activation fee or extension of contract as they are purely a billing change. However, the automatic migration plans *might* behave differently and so you may want to confirm this point with billing@exetel.com.au
Ditman1 wrote:4. If I can move does that mean a new contract period or just a plan move ?
See question 3
Ditman1 wrote:5. Will I loose any of facilities I have under my current plan like voip, sms, faxes etc moving to the new plan above ?
Yes. New plans don't have the free VOIP calls and SMSes that the old plans did.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:58 am

Thanks for all the info and clarification.

I will contact Billing just to confirm contracts though. The old plan I was on was an offer to migrate from adsl1 to adsl2 with $15 line rental and same download allowances as adsl1.

But just doing some sums and I could move to the lower plan and pay for text messages and faxes (as long as you don't loose access to them) and pay excess for a few gig peak + my phone calls and come out at what I currently pay. How AWESOME !

I just don't want to loose my free voip DID (I have never had free calls included so no change there). Is 1 free voip DID available to most members ?

Thanks again

Lawrie

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:59 pm

1 free voip DID is available to ALL plans - ADSL, ADSL2/NakedADSL and HSPA/Wireless.

Also you will still have access to fax/sms. The only difference is that there are no freebies - lower plan prices for everyone and let those using a service pay for it, rather than be subsidised by those not using it.

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:32 pm

peterh_oz wrote:1 free voip DID is available to ALL plans - ADSL, ADSL2/NakedADSL and HSPA/Wireless.

Also you will still have access to fax/sms. The only difference is that there are no freebies - lower plan prices for everyone and let those using a service pay for it, rather than be subsidised by those not using it.
Thanks.

That is what I thought would be the case. All being well and not in contract I can see a move happening in the near future.

Steves

Post by Steves » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:14 pm

peterh_oz wrote:1 free voip DID is available to ALL plans - ADSL, ADSL2/NakedADSL and HSPA/Wireless.

I had to change plans to a TL-C1 through relocation and have lost free SMS/VOIP and are paying the same price, a step backwards in my opinion.