On plan for 1 day - Already Obsolete

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
datax1969

On plan for 1 day - Already Obsolete

Post by datax1969 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 pm

This is getting just a little frustrating. I realise Exetel has to keep up with the changing marketplace and blah-de-blah-de-blah. Truly, you guys are doing a great job in keeping my prices down and my service good, but please - pick a set of plans and stick to them!

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, we 'old plan' customers got what we wanted with the Add-on services and a free plan change. I chose to swap to NF/22INCTEL (30/60GB), replacing my 15/60GB old plan that had heaps of inclusions but had them taken away along with a $5 increase. Fair enough, with the plan change + add-ons I end up paying $10 a month more but I get a double the peak download plus the Add-on Packs are better value so I'm happy.

Now the big day, the plan change has finally taken place, and I find that the plan I just swapped to no longer exists and there is an even better plan out there in the form of Z/21INCTEL!!!, $5 cheaper and 24/Unlimited (I won't notice the difference between 24G and 30G peak).

So it looks like I'll be changing plans AGAIN. Except the $10 plan change fee really irks me. I just did a free plan change to a plan that is essentially the same thing (the diff between 60GB and Unlimited is unnoticeable in my case) so now that Exetel's pricing department might finally have come up with a stable set of plans, its a bit rough to charge $10 to swap to this new plan.

Apparently, the plan change fee exists solely to dissuade a gazillion users all changing plans at the same time. In this case, I reckon Exetel is in doo-doo of its own making with this continual faffing around with plans, so they should just take it on the chin and let us all change (again!) for free. Its Exetel that has stuffed around with all these different plans coming out willy-nilly, so don't blame us customers for wanting to change plans every 5 minutes if Exetel can't stick to a stable set. If Exetel thinks its finally got the plan structure right (at least for the next 6 months, that seems to be a long time in this game), give us all one last free change of plan and after that feel free to charge like a wounded bull if anyone wants to swap. Fair enough?

dtn22

Re: On plan for 1 day - Already Obsolete

Post by dtn22 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 am

I have learnt my lesson not to take on any more of the new plan offer by Exetel.They can change the plan anytime so the term contract doesn't mean anything. Its either you go with someone else or stay with them.

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 pm

datax1969 wrote:Its Exetel that has stuffed around with all these different plans coming out willy-nilly, so don't blame us customers for wanting to change plans every 5 minutes if Exetel can't stick to a stable set.
How are they blaming you? They have done nothing but give you more options.
datax1969 wrote:give us all one last free change of plan and after that feel free to charge like a wounded bull if anyone wants to swap. Fair enough?
I like how all you seem to care about is yourself. You make up these random terms that are preferable to you and ignore the fact that others will be in different situations.

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:45 pm

dtn22 wrote:I have learnt my lesson not to take on any more of the new plan offer by Exetel.They can change the plan anytime so the term contract doesn't mean anything. Its either you go with someone else or stay with them.
They aren't changing the plans. If you lock on to a contract they usually let you stay on it (with the same terms), even if they no longer offer that plan to other users.

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:14 am

That was not the case last time, i signed up with 100 free Voip calls, 30 free SMS, and free fax per month as according to the contract. Half way through the contract Exetel scraped all the freebies. I'm sure you would have know about this a few months back? This is what i meant the word contract does not mean anything to them. Surely what Extel can do is let all their existing customers fulfill thier terms until their contract expired.

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:13 am

dtn22 wrote:That was not the case last time, i signed up with 100 free Voip calls, 30 free SMS, and free fax per month as according to the contract. Half way through the contract Exetel scraped all the freebies. I'm sure you would have know about this a few months back? This is what i meant the word contract does not mean anything to them. Surely what Extel can do is let all their existing customers fulfill thier terms until their contract expired.
In circumstances like that don't they waive the early exit fee if you're still in contract?

sable

Post by sable » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

Correct

See copy of the email in my post here;

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=35799

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:15 am

Yes Extel did offered no termination fee if i cancel my contract. My point is simply there is a reason most of the customers enter a contract because they dont want any surprises by their providers. They know what they are in for and happy to sign up by agreeing to the terms set out in the contract. In return the providers provide services stated in the contract.Therefore an agreement between two or more parties for the doing or not doing of something specified. I spent alot of time going through each ISP to choose the right one and had pay termination exit fee from my previous isp provider and paid a Telstra line to connect so i can get Exetel. I now have bundle package with exetel, so if i were to leave i will have to connect my landline again and have to pay all the set up connection fees with other isp. So you tell me by offer the no exit fee does that really help the customers?

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 am

I see your point but it is still pretty rare for them to change conditions like that.

sable

Post by sable » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 pm

ryanb wrote:I see your point but it is still pretty rare for them to change conditions like that.
Agree, it does not happen often.

I understand that the $5 price rise email did not go to customers still on contract.

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Exetel did sent out the email to me and i think to all their customers, unless your email think its a spam and got deleted.

sable

Post by sable » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:20 pm

dtn22 wrote:Exetel did sent out the email to me and i think to all their customers, unless your email think its a spam and got deleted.
I have been advised by cutomers of mine who are still under contract that they did not receive the $5 price rise email.

There are also reports in other threads of this.

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

oh i would be furious too if i wasnt inform. Imagine some people want to get out when they realised they are no longer getting the same services when they signed up and has been hit with the exit fee because the offer to leave has expired.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Thread closed - going nowhere - repetitive rant.