Off Peak Period Change

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Liz

Re: Off Peak Period Change

Post by Liz » Sat May 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks for letting me know so quickly. The time line is extremely helpful. :)
I am a peaceful soul

Alfred

Post by Alfred » Sat May 08, 2010 6:49 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
bandario wrote:bodogbodog, please see my reply in this thread:
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 45#p275538
I can't comment on your situation but all this noise caused me to review my options and also I'm currently on a plan from 2008 I just realised if if move to a new plan (under user facilities - not one of the ones for Exetel "virgins"!) I can save $9 a month based on my current usage - so it takes little more than 1 month to recoup the $10 change of plan fee. :shock:

and I get unlimited off peak downloads - although I've never gone anywhere near my current 54gb's per month limit and don't have to enter into any contract period

That sounds pretty fair to me

I suggest those people on grandfathered plans take a good hard look at the options available now for their usage patterns - you might be in for a pleasant surprise :D
I did the same.
After all the noise died down and the (justified) emotion at the time was overcome, I looked at one of the offered plans and my history in downloads, which clearly showed that one of the newer plans was going to give me improved benefits. Both in download volume and cost.

adamdmills

Post by adamdmills » Sun May 09, 2010 11:06 am

ForumAdmin wrote:There will be no change to any current customer's plans off peak period in the foreseeable future.
Are you going to send out an email explaining this situation? The past few days have caused enormous amounts of confusion; a clearly-worded email to set the record straight would be appreciated by everyone.

nozila

Post by nozila » Sun May 09, 2010 2:21 pm

I have been reading the emails Exetel has sent me as well as the post from not only admin but customers on here. I too am confused.

Prior to signing up to the Z/21NOTEL plan, I was initially on the Naked ADSL2+ 30/60 @ $50p/m plan in which my contract ran out in March before I signed up at the beginning of this month t this plan since it appealed to me.

Now I have no idea if there are going to be changes to my current plan come September or that they will honored it thus not changing to the conditions in which I agreed to sign up to.

One confused customer. I have referred numerous people onto Exetel and Im sure they are confused as well.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon May 10, 2010 2:51 pm

nozila wrote:Prior to signing up to the Z/21NOTEL plan, I was initially on the Naked ADSL2+ 30/60 @ $50p/m plan in which my contract ran out in March before I signed up at the beginning of this month t this plan since it appealed to me.

Now I have no idea if there are going to be changes to my current plan come September or that they will honored it thus not changing to the conditions in which I agreed to sign up to.
You will retain your Z/ plan. From http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 11#p275511:
There will be no change to any current customer's plans off peak period in the foreseeable future.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

pecifieote

Post by pecifieote » Mon May 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Hello I have been a happy exetel customer since 2004 at a few addresses over the years. I've always appreciated the brilliant value for money offered by Exetel. The emails about the halving of the off-peak period surprised me and degraded the value of my plan because people in my household like to use the internet at various times throughout the day and prefer to not leave the computer on all night.

I am glad you have reconsidered but I would like to comment on the rationale for the proposed change - customers who are creating losses for Exetel - why don't you just lower the data quota and/or increase the price for these users? In the past I have received email from exetel informing me that my price must go up because my plan is no longer offered, and kindly offering waiving of the exit fee if I wished to change ISP. I have always decided to stay because the value is still good after some price increase. Why not apply a similar tactic upon the loss-making customers?

Why propose changing the off-peak time for everyone when it is only a portion of users causing the loss? Just make them comply with reasonable quota limits or price increases

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon May 10, 2010 11:04 pm

As the topic has been based on an event that will now not occur this thread is closed.