Thankyou

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
jazzyjames

Thankyou

Post by jazzyjames » Wed May 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Just wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised by the John Lintons most recent email, such honesty and transparency is exactly why I choose Exetel and why I encourage everyone I know to choose Exetel.

Pamela

Re: Thankyou

Post by Pamela » Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 am

I second that, I appreciated the email and all its honesty. It made me think about my account, I get a loyalty discount and I know they can not be making a cent from my account. I maybe download around 2 gigs if that a month. But now I know a tad more about the money side of things with Exetel from the email, I dont want to be a customer that they lose money on. I aslo dont want them to think I'm ungrateful so I sent an email off to ask if it was a good idea to change to a higher gig plan, even though I dont use many gigs a month. I use the loyalty discount they give me by giving that each month to their wild life projects. . I for one would be happy to see the huge downloaders go elsewhere.

Bless you all at Exetel, and thank you to the mods on here that help us all so much. Its appreciated very much. Keep up the good work. Not everyone is ungrateful.

I edited my post, I could have chosen kinder words to describe large downloaders, apologies for the words I used, its been worrying me.

Pamela.
Last edited by Pamela on Sat May 15, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pamela

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu May 13, 2010 10:02 am

Pamela wrote:I second that, I appreciated the email and all its honesty. It made me think about my account, I get a loyalty discount and I know they can not be making a cent from my account. I maybe download around 2 gigs if that a month. But now I know a tad more about the money side of things with Exetel from the email, I dont want to be a customer that they lose money on. I aslo dont want them to think I'm ungrateful so I sent an email off to ask if it was a good idea to change to a higher gig plan, even though I dont use many gigs a month. I use the loyalty discount they give me by giving that each month to their wild life projects. I have come to realize there are some huge, excuse the expression (pigs) as in hogs who it seems need to download anything that moves, because they feel they have a right, Iv sometimes tried to get into their minds as in a verbal conversation with some to find out why. It doesnt work, they just feel they have a right, or they feel they are not getting their moneys worth. I dont know where they get the time to be honest to look or play with what they download in humongous greed. Do they not have families and jobs? Get real ppl, nothing in this life is free. I for one would be happy to see the huge downloaders go elsewhere.

Bless you all at Exetel, and thank you to the mods on here that help us all so much. Its appreciated very much. Keep up the good work. Not everyone is ungrateful.
Pamela,

There is ABSOLUTELY no need for you to select any plan than is more expensive than meets you requirements.

You get a Pioneer discount because Exetel is very grateful to you for being a long time customer and we don't want to make any money on providing you a service - it is a small reward for your long term support.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 am

I have to agree with jazzyjames and Pamela - it was a very well written email explaining exactly why the actions were taken, and much appreciated as far as I am concerned.

Thank you John, and good luck

manic77

Post by manic77 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:20 pm

yes, agreed.

Exetel ISP is the best and most transparent.

jubba

Post by jubba » Fri May 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Pamela wrote: I have come to realize there are some huge, excuse the expression (pigs) as in hogs who it seems need to download anything that moves, because they feel they have a right, Iv sometimes tried to get into their minds as in a verbal conversation with some to find out why. It doesnt work, they just feel they have a right, or they feel they are not getting their moneys worth. I dont know where they get the time to be honest to look or play with what they download in humongous greed. Do they not have families and jobs? Get real ppl, nothing in this life is free. I for one would be happy to see the huge downloaders go elsewhere.
there really is no need to try understand why people download alot etc. At the end of the day they should simply be made to pay for their usage and shouldn't effect others usage. ( i know this is probably easier said then done)
I'm also grateful to exetel. Although i started broadband with optus that was 200mb 256 adsl 1 connection. Exetel allowed me to really enjoy the benefits of broadband with 8gb @512kbp/s. I've stayed with them for their great value. For, small downloaders like me they have always been the best value.

username4me

Post by username4me » Sun May 30, 2010 5:27 pm

As there are no reasonable ADSL2 internet providers in my area and having no need for a home phone, I'm switching to cable broadband.

I'd like to thank Exetel for its openness (JL's blog), transparency and most importantly, providing me and the people I advised to join, an excellent ADSL1 internet service over the past couple of years. I'll continue recommending people join Exetel.

Cheers and thanks

Gabriel8

Post by Gabriel8 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:25 am

Dear Exetel and all concerned,

I just want to thank you all for the very smooth transition from Dodo to Exetel.
I joined Exetel because I wanted a Local POP here in W.A and also because I was with Optus Network when I was with Dodo.
I must admit that Exetel was not my first port of call but rather Internode but I was unable to churn there.
So I joined up to Exetel. I must admit that the amount of added value is quite astonishing to be honest.
In this I am very Grateful and will endeavour to be an exemplary customer.
I have also found Exetel's Customer Service (ECS) to be of the Finest Quality (First Class) in my 3 encounters with ECS.

I am also very impressed with the way Exetel treats some of it's very long term good customers. Such generosity for such a very long time is very rare.
I am also very impressed with the charity work of Exetel and the online availabity for Exetel's members to participate in Exetel's charity efforts.

To be honest I am quite honoured to be able to join Exetel and be one of your customers. Thank you very much.

With Regards,
Gabriel8

attentionimm

Post by attentionimm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Dear Exetel,

I would also like to say a sincere THANK YOU, i only recently found your company as i needed an internet connection. I originally chose Exetel as the plans provided me the best value (significantly so- i was actually suspicious at first) then i started to notice the difference. I was able to access and control my account much more comprehensively than with any other provider and the information and support was up to date and easy to access!.
I also thought "how nice, this company is making a token effort at supporting Australian wildlife",- until i started to read. I quickly retracted my patronizing thoughts when i realized the conservation plans were realistic, evidence based and provided a comprehensive "game plan" to potential supporters.
I have also been impressed by Exetels candid communication, particularly the email from John Linton outlining issues in respect to the "off peak" download period.
The honesty and transperancy of this company is unlike any other i have previously dealt with and, as stated by Gabriel8 i am honoured to be associated with Exetel and i would personally recommend people to join.

Thank you for continuing to surprise me!

Regards,

Melanie :? (with a slightly less pessimistic view of the world!)