OK, what the heck have I got?

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Tafkam

OK, what the heck have I got?

Post by Tafkam » Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi, it's been aaaages since I posted, or even looked at my account details etc, but I now see that the TL-C1 plan that I'm on no longer exists. I got a bit confused about the emails regarding uncounted download times, one saying it was changing, then another retracting it....
I'm just trying to work out what my current uncounted time is, and whether that will change at some point??

I'm sure all this info is here somewhere....but I can't find it.
My plan details say I have 12GB peak, (which I knew) but it says I have unlimited OffPeak Download Limit (I always thought this was 60gb?) and it doesn't specify the times of the uncounted period. If anyone could help, that'd be great :)

Himantha
Exetel Staff

Re: OK, what the heck have I got?

Post by Himantha » Tue May 25, 2010 3:40 pm

TL-C1 plans are no longer exists, however according to your plan, peak time download quota is 12GB, and the off peak download quota is Unlimited.

You can check your plan details via: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/account_view_plan.php

Tim K

Post by Tim K » Tue May 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Tafkam wrote:it doesn't specify the times of the uncounted period. If anyone could help, that'd be great :)
In your instance, offpeak is 2am to midday.

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Tue May 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Ok, thanks very much for that info. And will those peak/offpeak times change at any time? I noticed some are changing in June.....

Poseidon

Post by Poseidon » Wed May 26, 2010 8:32 pm

On 11 May 2010 John Linton sent out a subsequent email to all customers with the subject "There Will Be No Change To Exetel Plan Peak/Off Peak Times" stating the following:

"Firstly let me apologise for any confusion I may have caused you in sending you two email advices concerning a projected change to the off peak/peak times of your current ADSL plan.

THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE TO ANY EXETEL PLAN'S PEAK/OFF PEAK TIMES EITHER NOW OR AT ANY FUTURE TIME

......The current plans in use by all customers will remain for the current users - they just won't be offered to new users."

I think your answer is pretty clear in this statement

Col

Post by Col » Wed May 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Tim K wrote:
Tafkam wrote:it doesn't specify the times of the uncounted period. If anyone could help, that'd be great :)
In your instance, offpeak is 2am to midday.
Well I am on the same plan with midnight to midday as offpeak. If you look at https://www.exetel.com.au/members/account_view_plan.php you will see what your peak period option is, and then it's pretty easy to work out what your offpeak period is. Or just look at the bottom of the usage meter on the member facilities home page and see when it changes from stating "Downloads are currently being metered as peak usage".