I am a little perplexed at why Exetel hands the heaviest of uncounted users over to other suppliers
Why are we happy enough that really heavy down loaders move to another provider?
1) We don't want to make customers unhappy
2) We don't want to lose money providing a service to a customer that makes them unhappy
3) We don't want customers who down load so much that they make customers who don't down load a lot unhappy
4) We don't want customers who down load so much to send Exetel broke
5) There are so many ISPs that cater for heavy down loaders now there is no longer a need for Exetel to do that
6) We pioneered the provision of large downloads at the lowest prices and have spent over six years not being able to make every customer happy
7) We are no longer able, or are interested, in providing services to heavy down loaders
We would like to stop throwing money away providing services to people who are unhappy yet, individually cost us losses of up to $600.00 a month providing a service they then complain about.
9) By not offering services to heavy down loaders we can make 99% of our other customers much happier and provide services at lower costs
10) Less than 1,000 customers complain in the most atrocious terms, abuse Exetel personnel, use a hugely disproportionate percentage of the total network capabilities and cost a small fortune to achieve that massive level of unhappiness.
I could go on........
The best day for those customers and for Exetel is when they churn to another provider.
It's the only sensible thing to do for them and for Exetel.
We should have done it years ago.