ADSL Loop Extender

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
sato74

ADSL Loop Extender

Post by sato74 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:42 pm

I got bored and found this, pity it probably would not be suitable to Australian condition's and operations.

http://www.widearea.com.cn/en/zp_view.asp?id=26

Check out and comment.

maestro

Re: ADSL Loop Extender

Post by maestro » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 pm

sato74 wrote:Check out and comment.
Hmmm, that's one dodgy looking website. Text in JPGs (including mouse cursors, keyboard cursors and text formatting characters, yuck). Some of the JPGs are also quite fuzzy, and clicking on any of them just brings up the JPG in its own window. I would have thought that even some introverted technical person would have realised how bloody awful that looks and been able to fix it (that website certainly wasn't created by a sociable marketing type).

I am guessing that it would be installed halfway along the cable between the exchange and the house (by looking at the not-very-detailed layout diagrams) and it appears to add about 80% to the reach. As someone who has had Telstra tell them that their line length to the exchange is 6.3km (I get reliable sync at 1.7Mbps), I would be quite interested to try this, however I'm not holding my breath.

I'll just keep hoping that the NBN comes my way before the Liberals get into power and bin the project!