Why I cannot change to T1.5-30 instead of OCV

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
josem

Why I cannot change to T1.5-30 instead of OCV

Post by josem » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 pm

I am currently in the old Z/20NOTEL plan. We received email "encouraging" us to move to the new Optus OCV plans. I just wanted to move to the current ADSL plan T1.5-30 but this is not available as an option under the Exetel User Facilities - Change Plans/Service facility which only shows the various optus OCV plans. My question is can I move to the current T1.5-30 plan ? What charges will I incur ?

Ravenous

Re: Why I cannot change to T1.5-30 instead of OCV

Post by Ravenous » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 pm

josem wrote:I just wanted to move to the current ADSL plan T1.5-30
This would be on Telstra infrastructure requiring a Telstra wireline. Your wireline is on Optus Infrastructure.

If you would like to make this happen, with little downtime I believe you would need to:
- Call Telstra and ask for a new telephone wireline service (w/ new number) on your second vacant copper pair (if there is an available second pair to your premise)
- Once active Apply for a new Exetel T1.5-30 ADSL plan to your new telstra telephone wireline service
- Once new ADSL plan is active, cancel the old Z/20NOTEL plan on the old wireline.

However this is a lot of mucking around. Why not take the OCV offer, then once active, 'change plan' again to one of the OT plans that should become available to you?

A phone call to Exetel Sales or Provisioning should confirm/deny this and is advised.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Ravenous wrote:
josem wrote:I just wanted to move to the current ADSL plan T1.5-30
This would be on Telstra infrastructure requiring a Telstra wireline. Your wireline is on Optus Infrastructure.
Yes, I think the move does not appear because you are currently on a Naked connection and you want to move to a service that requires an active phone line. Best to email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to find the best way to proceed
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:53 pm

...Also, this is a duplicate thread to viewtopic.php?f=293&t=37576, so best to use that other thread from now one.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au