International call inclusions on mobile plans

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
ohagas

International call inclusions on mobile plans

Post by ohagas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 am

I’ve just ordered the M15 mobile plan and wondering why International calls aren’t included? TPG have a similar plan for $18/month which includes international calls and MMS. I’ve been with Exetel for 10 yrs and don’t want to switch, but could int calls be added in the foreseeable future? If not, other than using a cheap calling card or Skype (on my android handset) are there any other cheap alternatives? (I do occasionally make calls to Ireland and UK).
Thanks in advance

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: International call inclusions on mobile plans

Post by stevecJ » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 am

ohagas wrote:I’ve just ordered the M15 mobile plan and wondering why International calls aren’t included? TPG have a similar plan for $18/month which includes international calls and MMS. I’ve been with Exetel for 10 yrs and don’t want to switch, but could int calls be added in the foreseeable future? If not, other than using a cheap calling card or Skype (on my android handset) are there any other cheap alternatives? (I do occasionally make calls to Ireland and UK).
Thanks in advance
Hi,

An Exetel sales representative will soon advise you on this. :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 pm

ohagas wrote:I’ve just ordered the M15 mobile plan and wondering why International calls aren’t included? TPG have a similar plan for $18/month which includes international calls and MMS. I’ve been with Exetel for 10 yrs and don’t want to switch, but could int calls be added in the foreseeable future? If not, other than using a cheap calling card or Skype (on my android handset) are there any other cheap alternatives? (I do occasionally make calls to Ireland and UK).
Thanks in advance
M39 is the only plan that includes International calls ($100 worth). We can not confirm if there will be any changes made to the M15 plan as this depends on what our suppliers offer. You may consider our MoIP services: http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... erview.php. Please follow the link for International call rates: http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_pricelist.php

ohagas

Post by ohagas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. The voip rates are not competitive though compared to alternatives such as phonecards.
I really hope Exetel are able to revise this soon...I don't understand how TPG were able to negotiate their offering with the same supplier.
The M39 plan is great value but I don't need anywhere near that amount of call or data value.