Alternative plans to OCV200?

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
Mort

Alternative plans to OCV200?

Post by Mort » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Greetings all,

I've sent an email to the sales guys, but just wondering if anyone on the forums might have a suggestion, perhaps based on their own similar experience.

I've just come out of contract on an OCV200 plan which had line rental included and 200GB for $60/month. That also had a mobile service bundled (CAP35) and then gave a $15/month discount as part of the bundle.

I've been looking at the new plans, but it doesn't look like any give better value, and they don't seem to include/require a mobile bundle or offer the discount. On top of that there would be the plan change fees and the need to start a new 12month contract.

Has anyone else come from a simliar position? Should I just renew the current OCV plan for another year or leave it as-is on month-month basis?
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: Alternative plans to OCV200?

Post by rukshani » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Mort wrote:Greetings all,

I've sent an email to the sales guys, but just wondering if anyone on the forums might have a suggestion, perhaps based on their own similar experience.

I've just come out of contract on an OCV200 plan which had line rental included and 200GB for $60/month. That also had a mobile service bundled (CAP35) and then gave a $15/month discount as part of the bundle.

I've been looking at the new plans, but it doesn't look like any give better value, and they don't seem to include/require a mobile bundle or offer the discount. On top of that there would be the plan change fees and the need to start a new 12month contract.

Has anyone else come from a simliar position? Should I just renew the current OCV plan for another year or leave it as-is on month-month basis?
I have passed this on to an Exetel sales representative, who will shortly advise you over it.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Mort wrote:Greetings all,

You may move to a currently offered ADSL plan that suits your usage. A new contract of 12 months for the ADSL service and a plan change fee will apply if you are to change ADSL plan. You have the option of continuing your Cap35 plan, there will be a monthly charge of $35. However,you will receive a discount of $15 on your ADSL monthly charge. You also may consider the newly offered 'M' plans. http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... -plans.php

Now that you've emailed us, we can have a closer look at your account and help you better.

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 pm

I got a call from a sale rep, but all she did was tell me how to find the pages where I could change my plans.

The fact that I have to pay a plan change fee for *each* service I might want to change is a bit annoying. Also the fact that I can't seem to upgrade or change my CAP35 plan to anything else or I lose my $15 bundle discount (on top of paying a plan change fee) so in the end it seems I will just need to work it out myself to see if it's worth changing anything. I can't really complain though, the current package is a good deal, even if the mobile plan is missing some things every other plan has as standard inclusions now.

Scott.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Mort wrote:I got a call from a sale rep, but all she did was tell me how to find the pages where I could change my plans.

The fact that I have to pay a plan change fee for *each* service I might want to change is a bit annoying. Also the fact that I can't seem to upgrade or change my CAP35 plan to anything else or I lose my $15 bundle discount (on top of paying a plan change fee) so in the end it seems I will just need to work it out myself to see if it's worth changing anything. I can't really complain though, the current package is a good deal, even if the mobile plan is missing some things every other plan has as standard inclusions now.

Scott.
Please see whether you have finished the contract for the mobile CAP35 bundled plan and give us a call. If so, we will advise you to first change your DSL service to a new plan (which might charge you a plan chnage fee) and then we will assist you to chnage your mobile plan to a better plan.

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:01 pm

I am out of contract, and it doesn't look like there would be any combination of plans and mobile plans that would match the current bundle I have. There are plan combinations that would be close, but when you include the plan fee change I just don't think it's going to be worth it after all.

Nearest combination to give a comparable price would be
OF100+5 - $49.50
M15 - $15
which is $5/month more, plus $70 worth of plan change fees, and a new 12 month contract, which is like a "special" deal of buy 12 months but pay for 13!"

So yeah, I might just stick with my current plan for the moment and hope you offer a "free change period" when you decide to finally revoke my plan.

TheBenjiManCan

Post by TheBenjiManCan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Mort, don't forget those listed ADSL prices DON'T include the $20/mth line rental you MUST also pay.

With the $40 plan exchange, there is no point switching to the nearest equivalent OF-100. I too was just going to go month-to-month on OCV200 until a better deal comes along ..... or until Exetel forces me to.

Then the other day I'm informed that VOIP will not be available as a $0/mth pay-as-you-use inclusion anymore. From April, you have to start paying min $5/mth.

Whilst I made maximum use of the free PSTN inclusions that came with OCV200, I still need my VOIP, so it's made me reassess.

I was considering a switch to OT-100 (saving the $10/mth PSTN call inclusions), and start routing all my calls through VOIP once again. On my patterns, I'll be better off. The $40 switch still bites though !

But the member facilities does not give me the option of switching to OT plans, only the OF ones.
Exetel, why can't I switch to the OT plans in my members facilities ?