Does this site work for others?

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
tin
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northwest NSW
Contact:

Does this site work for others?

Post by tin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm not sure if this is a local network issue or an Exetel issue... I have been getting 403 errors on www.radioskipper.com for months. It does this at home and work (both Exetel).
I assumed the site was down/broken, but tonight found it still alive and good using a web-proxy. I also tried RDPing into a client's server. They're on Telstra Direct, and it works OK there too.

So is this an issue for Exetel, or is something broken for me for some reason?
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

shoner
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by shoner » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 pm

tin wrote:I'm not sure if this is a local network issue or an Exetel issue... I have been getting 403 errors on http://www.radioskipper.com for months. It does this at home and work (both Exetel).
I assumed the site was down/broken, but tonight found it still alive and good using a web-proxy. I also tried RDPing into a client's server. They're on Telstra Direct, and it works OK there too.

So is this an issue for Exetel, or is something broken for me for some reason?
Can you please post a trace route to the site?
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

tin
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northwest NSW
Contact:

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by tin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Code: Select all

root@miami:~# traceroute www.radioskipper.com
traceroute to www.radioskipper.com (188.65.115.2), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
 1  caroline.home (192.168.1.1)  0.475 ms  0.503 ms  0.530 ms
 2  * * *
 3  129.6.96.58.static.exetel.com.au (58.96.6.129)  40.312 ms  40.824 ms  41.523 ms
 4  pe-5017319-sclarinte01.gw.aapt.com.au (203.174.185.153)  49.870 ms  50.756 ms  51.504 ms
 5  po40.sclarbrdr01.aapt.net.au (202.10.14.194)  45.111 ms  45.909 ms  46.964 ms
 6  xe-7-0-0-420.sgbr2.global-gateway.net.nz (202.50.233.5)  60.632 ms  60.637 ms  62.126 ms
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  te-7-4.car2.SanJose2.Level3.net (4.59.4.93)  204.793 ms  206.657 ms  193.199 ms
12  vlan70.csw2.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.152.126)  378.984 ms  327.076 ms  324.304 ms
13  ae-71-71.ebr1.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.153.5)  353.609 ms  325.079 ms  376.724 ms
14  ae-2-2.ebr2.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.135.186)  347.859 ms  329.908 ms  330.211 ms
15  ae-72-72.csw2.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.148.38)  383.490 ms ae-82-82.csw3.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.148.42)  375.448 ms  331.018 ms
16  ae-61-61.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.65)  334.411 ms ae-81-81.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.73)  391.193 ms ae-71-71.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.69)  390.189 ms
17  * * *
18  ae-59-224.csw2.London1.Level3.net (4.69.153.142)  395.225 ms ae-57-222.csw2.London1.Level3.net (4.69.153.134)  395.493 ms ae-59-224.csw2.London1.Level3.net (4.69.153.142)  398.014 ms
19  ae-228-3604.edge3.London1.Level3.net (4.69.166.158)  395.577 ms  398.254 ms ae-227-3603.edge3.London1.Level3.net (4.69.166.154)  403.201 ms
20  UK-WEBHOSTI.edge3.London1.Level3.net (195.50.124.194)  403.350 ms  404.914 ms  405.855 ms
21  ge-1-377.captain.core.misp.co.uk (91.198.165.5)  435.054 ms  437.100 ms  364.637 ms
22  * * *
23  * * *
24  * * *
25  * * *
26  * * *
27  * * *
28  * * *
29  * * *
30  * * *
root@miami:~#
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

shoner
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by shoner » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:05 pm

tin wrote:

Code: Select all

root@miami:~# traceroute www.radioskipper.com
traceroute to www.radioskipper.com (188.65.115.2), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
 1  caroline.home (192.168.1.1)  0.475 ms  0.503 ms  0.530 ms
 2  * * *
 3  129.6.96.58.static.exetel.com.au (58.96.6.129)  40.312 ms  40.824 ms  41.523 ms
 4  pe-5017319-sclarinte01.gw.aapt.com.au (203.174.185.153)  49.870 ms  50.756 ms  51.504 ms
 5  po40.sclarbrdr01.aapt.net.au (202.10.14.194)  45.111 ms  45.909 ms  46.964 ms
 6  xe-7-0-0-420.sgbr2.global-gateway.net.nz (202.50.233.5)  60.632 ms  60.637 ms  62.126 ms
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  te-7-4.car2.SanJose2.Level3.net (4.59.4.93)  204.793 ms  206.657 ms  193.199 ms
12  vlan70.csw2.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.152.126)  378.984 ms  327.076 ms  324.304 ms
13  ae-71-71.ebr1.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.153.5)  353.609 ms  325.079 ms  376.724 ms
14  ae-2-2.ebr2.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.135.186)  347.859 ms  329.908 ms  330.211 ms
15  ae-72-72.csw2.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.148.38)  383.490 ms ae-82-82.csw3.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.148.42)  375.448 ms  331.018 ms
16  ae-61-61.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.65)  334.411 ms ae-81-81.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.73)  391.193 ms ae-71-71.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.69)  390.189 ms
17  * * *
18  ae-59-224.csw2.London1.Level3.net (4.69.153.142)  395.225 ms ae-57-222.csw2.London1.Level3.net (4.69.153.134)  395.493 ms ae-59-224.csw2.London1.Level3.net (4.69.153.142)  398.014 ms
19  ae-228-3604.edge3.London1.Level3.net (4.69.166.158)  395.577 ms  398.254 ms ae-227-3603.edge3.London1.Level3.net (4.69.166.154)  403.201 ms
20  UK-WEBHOSTI.edge3.London1.Level3.net (195.50.124.194)  403.350 ms  404.914 ms  405.855 ms
21  ge-1-377.captain.core.misp.co.uk (91.198.165.5)  435.054 ms  437.100 ms  364.637 ms
22  * * *
23  * * *
24  * * *
25  * * *
26  * * *
27  * * *
28  * * *
29  * * *
30  * * *
root@miami:~#

Thank you, we have investigated and the case has been raised to our level2 engineers for further investigation. As soon as we receive a reply we will update you.
You can also call us for an update refer Ticket ID: 6130100
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:06 am

It works here (Optus service, Sydney) this morning tin.

Response header to the GET / HTTP/1.1 request was:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:49:16 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8
Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:18:47 GMT
ETag: "4d608ff-7ac4-495597f4997c0"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 31428
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

Connections made were (the Italian name script is the database):

http://www.radioskipper.com
favicon.ico
2.css
14.gif
vedi_testoscorrevole.php
mess2.gif
13.gif
pixelww.gif
lbv.gif
bodyleft.gif
pixel.gif
12.gif
top2.gif
1.swf

data:text/css,fakespanltyp%2C%20fakespanltyp%20img..............etc

Standard traceroutes won't get a reply. It's there though:

Code: Select all

traceroute to www.radioskipper.com (188.65.115.2), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  Gate.home (192.168.1.1)  1.140 ms  1.499 ms  1.853 ms
 2  * * *
 3  1.2.233.220.static.exetel.com.au (220.233.2.1)  37.196 ms  38.923 ms  40.389 ms
 4  pe-5017319-sclarinte01.gw.aapt.com.au (203.174.185.153)  42.389 ms  44.590 ms  46.472 ms
 5  * * *
 6  xe-7-0-0-420.sgbr2.global-gateway.net.nz (202.50.233.5)  51.890 ms  42.925 ms  44.237 ms
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  te-7-4.car2.SanJose2.Level3.net (4.59.4.93)  187.287 ms  190.039 ms  191.480 ms
12  vlan80.csw3.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.152.190)  326.086 ms  327.269 ms  328.463 ms
13  ae-81-81.ebr1.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.153.9)  329.728 ms  331.115 ms  332.520 ms
14  ae-2-2.ebr2.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.135.186)  338.953 ms  340.509 ms  321.314 ms
15  ae-62-62.csw1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.148.34)  333.366 ms ae-82-82.csw3.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.148.42)  320.038 ms ae-72-72.csw2.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.148.38)  321.684 ms
16  ae-81-81.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.73)  326.030 ms ae-71-71.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.69)  320.362 ms ae-61-61.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net (4.69.134.65)  319.975 ms
17  * * *
18  ae-56-221.csw2.London1.Level3.net (4.69.153.130)  321.764 ms  323.467 ms  322.264 ms
19  ae-226-3602.edge3.London1.Level3.net (4.69.166.150)  316.912 ms ae-225-3601.edge3.London1.Level3.net (4.69.166.146)  320.947 ms ae-226-3602.edge3.London1.Level3.net (4.69.166.150)  317.506 ms
20  UK-WEBHOSTI.edge3.London1.Level3.net (195.50.124.194)  323.275 ms  323.146 ms  322.121 ms
21  ge-1-377.captain.core.misp.co.uk (91.198.165.5)  362.113 ms  340.397 ms  341.472 ms
22  www.radioskipper.com (188.65.115.2)  341.025 ms  337.305 ms  361.794 ms

Meshal S
Exetel Staff
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: Colombo

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by Meshal S » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 am

Hi tin,

We have sent an email to your nominated contact email address on ticket ID 6130100. Please try the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists and reply back to the email.

tin
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northwest NSW
Contact:

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by tin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 pm

1. Check your firewall settings on the devices you are using, including the router. Please try turning the firewall off and checking on the connection.
Hmmm.
No firewalling going on with work router (other than the effects of NAT).
Home is blocking a few things, but this site isn't one of them (as evidenced by the fact it actually connects and gets HTTP back).
2. Try manually entering the DNS server settings for either your computer or router; preferably using 220.233.0.4 and 220.233.0.3 as you preferred and alternate DNS server settings. You may also use public DNS settings to check on this - such as 8.8.8.8
Already using Google DNS at work. Home I'm running a DIY router.
Both return the same addresses, and that address matches the address I got using the Telstra service I'd checked on.
3. Please try an alternate browser or clear the browser's cache is cleared.
Already done ages ago. Tried again today to be sure.
4. If all these fail, we might need to change your IP address and test. Can you please confirm if we are alright to go ahead with this?
Uh... No. Too much to fix up afterwards. And as I said, this is 2 services that it's happening to.


I'm going to assume it's the website itself blocking an IP range for some reason.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

an Sealgair
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld.

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by an Sealgair » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:17 pm

The site mentioned is giving me a 403 as well.

Saliya Pinto
Exetel Staff
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by Saliya Pinto » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 am

an Sealgair wrote:The site mentioned is giving me a 403 as well.

@tin and an Sealgair


Can you please check whether following links are working or not? as this could be a website directory access issue.



http://www.radioskipper.com/index.html

http://www.radioskipper.com/listen.html

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by jokiin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 am

Saliya Pinto wrote:
an Sealgair wrote:The site mentioned is giving me a 403 as well.

@tin and an Sealgair


Can you please check whether following links are working or not? as this could be a website directory access issue.



http://www.radioskipper.com/index.html

http://www.radioskipper.com/listen.html
trying it here I don't get a 403 but get a 404, Forbidden, maybe they've got some sort of blacklist on the IP range???

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by Dazzled » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm

All three error users (tin, an Sealgair, and jokiin) have 220.233.*.* IPs. I don't, and the site is still ok for me.

tin
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northwest NSW
Contact:

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by tin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm

So looks like that site for some reason is blocking an entire range of Exetel IP addresses? Weird. It used to work fine maybe 12 months ago, and we've not had an IP address change for years.

I tried emailing them around the time I started the thread, but never got a reply. So I guess I just continue not accessing their site for now.


Edit: Also, both my home and work IPs are in that range, so I actually have 2 addresses not working in that range.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by ShaminG » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi tin,

Going by 'Dazzeled' comment in the earlier post, we could try you in a different IP range. Could you please let me know if it's ok to try an IP change for you.

However, once we made the change your current IP may not be re-assignable to you.

tin
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northwest NSW
Contact:

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by tin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:50 pm

As I said before, there's too many things for me to change if the IP changes - DNS entries, etc... I'll just live with it being blocked, and maybe try emailing them again about it.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Does this site work for others?

Post by ShaminG » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi tin,

It's definitely not the whole 220.233.XXX.XXX range. We have tested the site through a 220.233. range and it's working.

Post Reply