How to change to a plan not listed

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
shute

How to change to a plan not listed

Post by shute » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi there,

My current plan is OCV200, and I'd like to change to AAPT1 which is not listed in the fercility page. How can I have that happen?

Thanks.

Shu

James
Exetel Staff

Re: How to change to a plan not listed

Post by James » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:13 pm

shute wrote:Hi there,

My current plan is OCV200, and I'd like to change to AAPT1 which is not listed in the fercility page. How can I have that happen?

Thanks.

Shu
Hi Shu,

It's not really possible to change from an Optus based plan, to an AAPT based plan without significant cost and downtime, hence why this option is not available to you.

Is there a reason for the change?

James

IanS

Post by IanS » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:05 am

Hi James,

A couple of months ago I went to change a mate's very old AAPT plan to a newer AAPT plan, but the only plans available in the user facilities was Optus or Telstra. Optus wasn't an option as there's Fax Duet service on his ADSL line, so we ended up emailing Billing to make the change. Would it be possible to add the other "missing" plan options & list the change over costs, so a user can make an informed decision before changing plans?

IanS

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 am

IanS wrote:Hi James,

A couple of months ago I went to change a mate's very old AAPT plan to a newer AAPT plan, but the only plans available in the user facilities was Optus or Telstra. Optus wasn't an option as there's Fax Duet service on his ADSL line, so we ended up emailing Billing to make the change. Would it be possible to add the other "missing" plan options & list the change over costs, so a user can make an informed decision before changing plans?

IanS
Hi Ian,

This woudl be quite messy, the way you did it was easiest.

James

IanS

Post by IanS » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 am

Hi James

Fair enough, but I've just looked at the change plan page for my AAPT account & the only options are Optus!
If you weren't aware of what's available through Exetel, you may have a user churn from their existing infrastructure to another & incur additional fees and possibly lose their other Telstra based services (fax duet / multi number).

Maybe a note on the page stating "other plans maybe/are available, please contact billing for your options"

IanS

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:19 pm

IanS wrote:Hi James

Fair enough, but I've just looked at the change plan page for my AAPT account & the only options are Optus!
If you weren't aware of what's available through Exetel, you may have a user churn from their existing infrastructure to another & incur additional fees and possibly lose their other Telstra based services (fax duet / multi number).

Maybe a note on the page stating "other plans maybe/are available, please contact billing for your options"

IanS
That would be because you are on an Optus DSLAM, and we want you to move to a bundled plan.

However moving forward when our members area is relaunched, all options will be available.

shute

Post by shute » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm

James wrote:
Hi Shu,

It's not really possible to change from an Optus based plan, to an AAPT based plan without significant cost and downtime, hence why this option is not available to you.

James
Thanks James. The reason is that we found we don't need the landline any more.

Can we simply apply as a new custom - although that sounds weird after with Exetel for 7 years.

Mandy
Exetel Staff

Post by Mandy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:12 pm

shute wrote:
James wrote:
Hi Shu,

James
Thanks James. The reason is that we found we don't need the landline any more.

Can we simply apply as a new custom - although that sounds weird after with Exetel for 7 years.

Hi Shu,

In order for us to be able to provide an ADSL service it is a mandatory requirement for the Telephone line to be connected.

Please do send an email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au with your Telephone number so that we could investigate this further and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards
Amanda