Long NBN connection waits...I now know why.

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
u9026a

Long NBN connection waits...I now know why.

Post by u9026a » Thu May 07, 2015 4:19 pm

This is nothing at all to do with Exetel or anything they might be doing or not doing and is purely my observation about NBN Co, the way they are running their operation and the knock on effect that is having on their customers.

After our application was submitted to have Fixed Wireless connected to our property near Coffs Harbour, the first available appointment was 6 weeks away. So we waited 6 weeks and then on the day, they cancelled due to wet weather.

The next appointment was another 2 weeks. So on the allotted day, the installer turned up at 11.50AM in an 8AM to 12PM window. He would have rung us, he said, but he hadn't been given any telephone numbers.

He then went on to say how he had been held up at the previous job because NBN weren't supplying the correct equipment/he was overworked etc, etc. As he was speaking the phone rang, it was NBN asking him to do a couple of extra jobs that day, even though he was already miles behind. His usual number of jobs was 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon.

So eventually he started work and pretty soon I noticed he had spent a good hour sat in the back of his van. I went out to see what he was doing and he was having to make cables up because, he told me, NBN weren't supplying them.

He then spent another hour trying to feed cable from the antenna to the box indoors. When I said to him that I thought the job would have been done by at least 2 installers, he said he wouldn't make enough money if that were the case.

After all this his phone rang again and it was NBN asking what he was doing/why he wasn't on the next job etc, etc. At this time he basically cracked it and almost resigned on the spot. So his next 2 jobs for the day were cancelled. Probably another 2 weeks wait for those customers.

So that was my experience. Sure the job was done, but I'm left thinking that if this is the way the NBN roll out is being administered, it will be a long, long time before everyone is connected.

Oh, and I'm still sat waiting for my "pending" connection to be activated. Let's hope that doesn't get cancelled too.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Long NBN connection waits...I now know why.

Post by KavindaS » Thu May 07, 2015 11:55 pm

u9026a wrote:This is nothing at all to do with Exetel or anything they might be doing or not doing and is purely my observation about NBN Co, the way they are running their operation and the knock on effect that is having on their customers.

After our application was submitted to have Fixed Wireless connected to our property near Coffs Harbour, the first available appointment was 6 weeks away. So we waited 6 weeks and then on the day, they cancelled due to wet weather.

The next appointment was another 2 weeks. So on the allotted day, the installer turned up at 11.50AM in an 8AM to 12PM window. He would have rung us, he said, but he hadn't been given any telephone numbers.

He then went on to say how he had been held up at the previous job because NBN weren't supplying the correct equipment/he was overworked etc, etc. As he was speaking the phone rang, it was NBN asking him to do a couple of extra jobs that day, even though he was already miles behind. His usual number of jobs was 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon.

So eventually he started work and pretty soon I noticed he had spent a good hour sat in the back of his van. I went out to see what he was doing and he was having to make cables up because, he told me, NBN weren't supplying them.

He then spent another hour trying to feed cable from the antenna to the box indoors. When I said to him that I thought the job would have been done by at least 2 installers, he said he wouldn't make enough money if that were the case.

After all this his phone rang again and it was NBN asking what he was doing/why he wasn't on the next job etc, etc. At this time he basically cracked it and almost resigned on the spot. So his next 2 jobs for the day were cancelled. Probably another 2 weeks wait for those customers.

So that was my experience. Sure the job was done, but I'm left thinking that if this is the way the NBN roll out is being administered, it will be a long, long time before everyone is connected.

Oh, and I'm still sat waiting for my "pending" connection to be activated. Let's hope that doesn't get cancelled too.
For any delay activation, I suggest that you contact our provisioning department during the business hours and request for an escalation.