Is this a reasonable move ?

Open discussion regarding technological or telecommunication issues
scottb721

Is this a reasonable move ?

Post by scottb721 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm on a 200GB plan and use on average less than 100GB but in the last 2 minutes I received an email that I'm being moved next month to a 1TB plan that costs 56% more.

They say it's based on my usage. Surely that's not correct.
Just not sure if this is reasonable ?

Telstra came door knocking and offered to match my 200GB Exetel plan and I said no thanks. I'm glad he left his card.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: Is this a reasonable move ?

Post by remosha » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:10 pm

scottb721 wrote:I'm on a 200GB plan and use on average less than 100GB but in the last 2 minutes I received an email that I'm being moved next month to a 1TB plan that costs 56% more.

They say it's based on my usage. Surely that's not correct.
Now my understanding is that ISPs want customers paying for data they don't use. So is it a case of me using enough of my data that they need to force me up a bracket so more of the data I pay for simply won't be used ?

Just not sure if this is reasonable ?

Telstra came door knocking and offered to match my 200GB Exetel plan and I said no thanks. I'm glad he left his card.
Hi Scott,

You could move to our 100GB plan if it better fits your needs. Please login to your Exetel Members facilities > select Services and Usage > ADSL > Manage Service for more information.

Regards,
Remosha

scottb721

Re: Is this a reasonable move ?

Post by scottb721 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Thanks but I'm sometimes over so the 200GB is my safety blanket. I even hit 150GB last month.