Sausages sizzling away on my phone line

Bundled telephone and Wireline services

Sausages sizzling away on my phone line

Postby PM88 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Recently and by that I mean two weeks, I have been hearing the most beautiful sound in the world - sausages sizzling on my phone!!!

The noise has caused several issues with my line speed, usually hitting 17,000-18,500kbps before and now it is sitting on 6,500kbps and drop outs a few times.

Now before you tell me to swap filters, cables, modems, routers, other sockets, run the telephone line and cat6 cables around a 9v battery - I've already done them all.

Can someone test my line and please direct the sausage sizzle back to Bunnings?

Many thanks
PM88

Re: Sausages sizzling away on my phone line

Postby KavindaS on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 pm

PM88 wrote:Recently and by that I mean two weeks, I have been hearing the most beautiful sound in the world - sausages sizzling on my phone!!!

The noise has caused several issues with my line speed, usually hitting 17,000-18,500kbps before and now it is sitting on 6,500kbps and drop outs a few times.

Now before you tell me to swap filters, cables, modems, routers, other sockets, run the telephone line and cat6 cables around a 9v battery - I've already done them all.

Can someone test my line and please direct the sausage sizzle back to Bunnings?

Many thanks

I have performed one line test and based on the line test results, it is obvious that you gets a line noise. Most of the line parameters are out of the specifications.

In order to troubleshoot your service issue effectively we need to run a line test with out any of your privately maintained equipment connected to any of your wall sockets at premises.
This will enable us to better determine the root of your service issue,

All devices need to be disconnected, including any alarms, foxtel, modems, phones and fax machines. Once the line is completely ready, please advise us and we will run the test.
You may wish to call us at 1300788141 or 0280301000 to arrange the test, you may Quote your ticket # 11821429.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby PM88 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 pm

will disconnect everything now
PM88

Postby KavindaS on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:37 pm

PM88 wrote:will disconnect everything now

Thank you. Leave everything disconnected from the available telephone wall sockets and we will drop you an email once it has been completed. Reply back to the same email and we will log a service issue with our supplier and investigate the service fault.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby PM88 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:47 pm

I left everything disconnected over night. Can I use the phone and internet now?
PM88

Postby shehanw on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi, Could you please reply to the email sent with the information requested in order to arrange a technician visit.
shehanw
Exetel Staff

Return to Telephone issues