NBN Telephone

Bundled telephone and Wireline services

NBN Telephone

Postby abbo56 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 pm

I am on NBN Fibre to the House.
My billion modem router died which left me without my exetel telephone.
I purchased a new TP-Link Archer C7 1750AC router which is installed and works fine.
The old phone was on its way out so I purchased a Panasonic KX-TGC223ALS cordless telephone. I was told this was NBN compatible however when connecting the Panasonic to the NBN modem UNI-V port all I get is a message on the phone handset saying "check phone line".
The UNI port light does not illuminate when the phone is connected to the NBN Modem.

Can anyone advise if the phone is actually NBN compatible?
If it is compatible are there any suggestions on getting the phone to work.
Thanks
Abbo
abbo56

Re: NBN Telephone

Postby KavindaS on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 am

abbo56 wrote:I am on NBN Fibre to the House.
My billion modem router died which left me without my exetel telephone.
I purchased a new TP-Link Archer C7 1750AC router which is installed and works fine.
The old phone was on its way out so I purchased a Panasonic KX-TGC223ALS cordless telephone. I was told this was NBN compatible however when connecting the Panasonic to the NBN modem UNI-V port all I get is a message on the phone handset saying "check phone line".
The UNI port light does not illuminate when the phone is connected to the NBN Modem.

Can anyone advise if the phone is actually NBN compatible?
If it is compatible are there any suggestions on getting the phone to work.
Thanks
Abbo

I believe that you refer here to your 2 voip services that I could see under your service id. If so you need to have your new router configured with the respective voip telephone service settings and Exetel provided credentials. Then have the handset connected at the back of the router phone port (configured phone port number) and check the voip telephone service. UNI-V port is not enabled with Exetel services and it is not the place to connect the handset use our Voip service.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby abbo56 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 pm

KavindaS, Thank you. I thought going across to NBN meant the phone line was NBN wired as well. I will look into VOIP setup
Abbo
abbo56

Postby KavindaS on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 pm

abbo56 wrote:KavindaS, Thank you. I thought going across to NBN meant the phone line was NBN wired as well. I will look into VOIP setup
Abbo

Unfortunately not with the current plans. However let me know if you need me to re send the voip basic setting and the credentials emails and I will send it to your nominated email address.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Telephone issues