Keeping current number

Bundled telephone and Wireline services

Keeping current number

Postby maggie on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 pm

I have just changed to NBN and the technician installing it told me that the phone line would not be part of it. This was a surprise to me as I just assumed that the whole bundle would go over to the NBN. Any way, I want to keep my current land line number so I can still be contacted by everyone. Our out going calls have mostly been done through VOIP (Pennytel and MyNetFone) We don't have any Exetel VOIP and don't see the need for it but I still need the landline number but landline is disappearing I am told. Our phone is a Gigaset voip phone. How can this be set up?
maggie

Re: Keeping current number

Postby KavindaS on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:17 am

maggie wrote:I have just changed to NBN and the technician installing it told me that the phone line would not be part of it. This was a surprise to me as I just assumed that the whole bundle would go over to the NBN. Any way, I want to keep my current land line number so I can still be contacted by everyone. Our out going calls have mostly been done through VOIP (Pennytel and MyNetFone) We don't have any Exetel VOIP and don't see the need for it but I still need the landline number but landline is disappearing I am told. Our phone is a Gigaset voip phone. How can this be set up?

You have the facility of converting the PSTN to VOIP, where you can retain the PSTN number and use it with VOIP technology. As I have requested through viewtopic.php?f=252&t=43650&p=321926#p321926 , once you have PM me the number I will check on this and escalate to the relevant department.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby KavindaS on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 am

KavindaS wrote:
maggie wrote:I have just changed to NBN and the technician installing it told me that the phone line would not be part of it. This was a surprise to me as I just assumed that the whole bundle would go over to the NBN. Any way, I want to keep my current land line number so I can still be contacted by everyone. Our out going calls have mostly been done through VOIP (Pennytel and MyNetFone) We don't have any Exetel VOIP and don't see the need for it but I still need the landline number but landline is disappearing I am told. Our phone is a Gigaset voip phone. How can this be set up?

You have the facility of converting the PSTN to VOIP, where you can retain the PSTN number and use it with VOIP technology. As I have requested through viewtopic.php?f=252&t=43650&p=321926#p321926 , once you have PM me the number I will check on this and escalate to the relevant department.

Received your PM and I have asked the sales department to contact you and provide the relevant details.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby maggie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:04 am

I haven't heard from any one yet about this.
maggie

Postby nicoler on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:20 pm

maggie wrote:I haven't heard from any one yet about this.

HI
We have tried to contact you on your nominated mobile number several times but failed. Could you please PM your best contact number in order to further assist you.

Kind Regards

Nicole
nicoler
Exetel Staff

Return to Telephone issues