Constant Static

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
j.leavy

Constant Static

Post by j.leavy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi Support Team, for the past couple of weeks now I have been experiencing a lot of dropouts with my ADSL and static noise on the landline has been getting worse and worse. I have tried plugging the equipment (phone, and wifi router) into a different phone point in the house with no change. Have tried another handset, purchased a new in-line ADSL filter and still no change. Even when I unplug all the ADSL equipment from the line and just leave the phone connected the static is still unbearable and can barely hear the dial tone.

Can the line please be tested to see if its showing a fault?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Constant Static

Post by KavindaS » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:55 pm

j.leavy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:35 pm
Hi Support Team, for the past couple of weeks now I have been experiencing a lot of dropouts with my ADSL and static noise on the landline has been getting worse and worse. I have tried plugging the equipment (phone, and wifi router) into a different phone point in the house with no change. Have tried another handset, purchased a new in-line ADSL filter and still no change. Even when I unplug all the ADSL equipment from the line and just leave the phone connected the static is still unbearable and can barely hear the dial tone.

Can the line please be tested to see if its showing a fault?

If the issue is still persisting, PM me your 10 digit telephone number of the service or any existing support ticket reference number and I will check on this.

j.leavy

Post by j.leavy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm

The number of the service is 0731626193. I dont know why, but it is not letting me send you a PM. I have a message thats been sitting in my outbox for weeks.

The line is still unusable because of the static, with frequent dropouts to our internet as well.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:26 pm

j.leavy wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm
The number of the service is 0731626193. I dont know why, but it is not letting me send you a PM. I have a message thats been sitting in my outbox for weeks.

The line is still unusable because of the static, with frequent dropouts to our internet as well.
Thank you for providing the service number and I have received the PM too. I have performed a line test and it doesn't indicate any out of specification results. However in order to troubleshoot your service issue effectively we need to run a line test with out any of your privately maintained equipment connected to any of your wall sockets at premises.
This will enable us to better determine the root of your service issue,

All devices need to be disconnected, including any alarms, foxtel, modems, phones and fax machines. Once the line is completely ready, please advise us and we will run the test.
You may wish to call us at 1300788141 or 0280301000 to arrange the test, you may Quote your ticket # 12969765.