Phone out of service and ADSL poor

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
DarrylJ

Phone out of service and ADSL poor

Post by DarrylJ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi, Since 14 Oct my Phone service and ADSL have not been working properly. The phone has gone for days in various states from very noisy, no dialtone to engaged. It has worked for a few hours after each fix to fail again soon after. The ADSL follows a similar pattern, works at 4Mbps when good, then drops back to 300kbps when bad. Currently the phone is out, the ADSL is 300kbps. Various fault numbers have been issued: 16207688, 16193281, 162890, 1629737.
I am connected to Kogarah, NSW exchange, is there any reason these services keep failing?

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Re: Phone out of service and ADSL poor

Post by rasikak » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:50 pm

DarrylJ wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:11 pm
Hi, Since 14 Oct my Phone service and ADSL have not been working properly. The phone has gone for days in various states from very noisy, no dialtone to engaged. It has worked for a few hours after each fix to fail again soon after. The ADSL follows a similar pattern, works at 4Mbps when good, then drops back to 300kbps when bad. Currently the phone is out, the ADSL is 300kbps. Various fault numbers have been issued: 16207688, 16193281, 162890, 1629737.
I am connected to Kogarah, NSW exchange, is there any reason these services keep failing?

Thank you for reaching out. As we can see the wholesale supplier has requested more details to investigate further. We have arranged one of our senior engineers to contact you and to obtain the necessary details to proceed. Ref#16216890

DarrylJ

Post by DarrylJ » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi, Telstra attended to the fault on 7 Nov. The fault was a cable problem in the street pit, took him about 15 mins to fix, he remarked its been very quiet with not much work at the moment. He rang after it was fixed to confirm the fix. I have not heard from Exetel. It should not have taken almost 4 weeks to fix this fault, there is something seriously wrong with Exetels fault escalation process. Not good enough.

DarrylJ

Post by DarrylJ » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:44 pm

I requested a refund of this months service fee due to the ongoing problems with my phone and ADSL. I was advised that I had waived the Consumer Service guarantee by using Exetels services and was not entitled to any compensation. This is a trap for the unwary. Still, any service paid for by a consumer should have a guarantee that the service will be provided as advertised. I am amazed that with the TIO and ACCC there is still no concerted effort to sort out consumer rights with regards to Telecom services. The NBN will most likely go down the same path with guarantee waivers, read the fine print closely.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:22 pm

DarrylJ wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:44 pm
I requested a refund of this months service fee due to the ongoing problems with my phone and ADSL. I was advised that I had waived the Consumer Service guarantee by using Exetels services and was not entitled to any compensation. This is a trap for the unwary. Still, any service paid for by a consumer should have a guarantee that the service will be provided as advertised. I am amazed that with the TIO and ACCC there is still no concerted effort to sort out consumer rights with regards to Telecom services. The NBN will most likely go down the same path with guarantee waivers, read the fine print closely.
Supplier has restored the service by repairing the faulty jumper. Service provisioned to you purely based on best effort basis. However, we have already requested to the Billing department to consider and provide a down time credit. This will be evaluated and reply to you via the email ticket reference #16319312.