Landline out of service.

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
ohnjay

Landline out of service.

Post by ohnjay » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 pm

There is a landline outage in my street. Neither I nor my neighbor's landline phones are working - no dial tone.
ADSL is working, but can only get 160 kbps. (0.16 mbps on Ookla.)

I've tried to report the problem to Exetel, but when I ring 1300788141, I get no answer. I waited 20 minutes on hold, nothing but music.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Re: Landline out of service.

Post by rasikak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:53 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 pm
There is a landline outage in my street. Neither I nor my neighbor's landline phones are working - no dial tone.

I've tried to report the problem to Exetel, but when I ring 1300788141, I get no answer. I waited 20 minutes on hold, nothing but music.
Thank you for reaching out. Kindly PM your customer ID or the service number to assist you further.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Thank you for the PM. Upon checking with our wholesale supplier, we can see that your service is affected by an unplanned network outage. We have sent you a text, of a URL so you can easily check for the outages and updates of the outage. Ref#16964474

ohnjay

Post by ohnjay » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Well, my landline is out again following local power failure. No dial tone, nobody can ring in. It has happened (and reported) several other times since my previous post. To make it worse, when I ring tech support I get the message "tech support is closed".

The issue of losing the landline following local power failure has been going on for several years. This is a worse service than was available fifty years ago.

Why can't we get a permanent fix for this?

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:50 am

ohnjay wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:34 pm
Well, my landline is out again following local power failure. No dial tone, nobody can ring in. It has happened (and reported) several other times since my previous post. To make it worse, when I ring tech support I get the message "tech support is closed".

The issue of losing the landline following local power failure has been going on for several years. This is a worse service than was available fifty years ago.

Why can't we get a permanent fix for this?
Hi

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this service issue. We will check on your landline and get back to you asap.

Thanks

Brendona
Exetel Staff

Post by Brendona » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:27 am

Hi John,

We tried contacting you today but unfortunately, there was no response from you to calls. Please note that it's an unplanned outage that is affecting your service at the moment. We have emailed you to the nominated email address in the account with more details about the outage.

Exetel do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Ref No: 685798