Is there a flagfall on National/Mobile calls now?

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
ipit

Is there a flagfall on National/Mobile calls now?

Post by ipit » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi,

I'm on the OCV200/19 plan and when I signed up the terms of the plan indicated FREE local/national/optus mobile calls with NO mention of any flagfall. I haven't received any bills yet however I just noticed that the on some new ADSL/Cap plans it says that there's a 35c flagfall for national/optus mobile.

Can anyone confirm that this does NOT actually apply to the OCV200/19?

Also I haven't been able to see any call logs (just ZERO with no detail) when I check my wireline usage online. Is this normal or should I escalate it to support?

Thanks

Klaas

Re: Is there a flagfall on National/Mobile calls now?

Post by Klaas » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:16 pm

ipit wrote:Hi,

I'm on the OCV200/19 plan and when I signed up the terms of the plan indicated FREE local/national/optus mobile calls with NO mention of any flagfall. I haven't received any bills yet however I just noticed that the on some new ADSL/Cap plans it says that there's a 35c flagfall for national/optus mobile.

Can anyone confirm that this does NOT actually apply to the OCV200/19?

Also I haven't been able to see any call logs (just ZERO with no detail) when I check my wireline usage online. Is this normal or should I escalate it to support?

Thanks
The OCV plans are special case, and bear no relation to the new ADSL/Cap plans to which you refer. If you're on an OCV plan, there is no flagfall.

As far as wireline usage is concerned, from what I've read elsewhere in the forums, this may be under development if your new PSTN number is different to the service number you originally had, as is the ability to manage the service (ie turn on/off Caller ID, etc). In my case, I've made a handful of international calls over the new PSTN service that have yet to appear in the usage section, and didn't appear in the weekly notification email.

Or it could be that Optus haven't passed back the call records yet.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Escalate it to billing@exetel.com.au

If you don't get an adequate response, you can either post the billing ticket reference here, or email resolution@exetel.com.au with the ticket number
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

basshead

Post by basshead » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:03 pm

I've got a similar question...

I'm on the new OCV10 I think, and changed from a previously naked plan. To be eligible for the "free" calls on the PSTN line, I need to dial ## before each number so the modem transfers the call from VOIP to PSTN. That's fine for me that might only make half a dozen calls from the home phone each month, but a struggle for my wife who might make a dozen calls a day! I've been adding her regularly-called phone numbers from the modem and user services VOIP log into the modem, but the question I have is whether I need to enter the entire number as appears in the log (612..... for landlines and 614.... for mobiles) or just the number she dials into the phone (local number without 61 or 02 in front, or 04.... for mobiles). Even though she only dials a local number, it appears the log adds in the extra area code/prefixes itself.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:44 pm

VoIP doesn't need international codes or state codes to be dialled unless you are calling overseas or interstate. Assuming you have a VoIP service located in your city, you just dial the over-ride code + 8 digits. When you place numbers into an ATA over-ride table, it's usually safest to include the 02 + 8 digits. Trial and error will tell if it's compulsory for your model.

davro

Post by davro » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:33 am

I also am on OCV200 and am being charged for calls. I have seen a number of replies indicating that I should not be charged at all but even in my Members Facility account plan details there is a line at the bottom indicating
'0.35 CONNECTION CHARGE APPLIES TO MOBILE CALL, NATIONAL CALL, INTERNATIONAL '

then I found this answer to a question about the OCV200 plan in relation to flag fall

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37542&p=287931&hilit=ocv#p287931

where EromalR of Exetel Staff states:-

1. There is no flagfall for local calls, national calls and mobile calls made to any OPTUS reseller
2. There is a flagfall when mobile calls are made to anyother network other than OPTUS (35cents) and there is a charge of 35cents per minute

I have emailed billing. I assume there is a similar plan and something got confused during the setup.

Hopefully it will be fixed in due course.

davro

Post by davro » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:01 am

Obviously there were some glitches due to the number of changes that happened during the month. However all is right with the billing. Nil flagfall, Nil cost for local and national. Nil cost for calls to optus mobile. 30c per 1300 call. OCV200 is a great plan glad I qualified to be on it.