New landline settings

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Stickler

New landline settings

Post by Stickler » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi,
Just wondering how to get my new landline number to display on people's phones when I call them. I have ticked "calling number display sending" but it still comes up as private number. Many people I know (and I'm one of them at times) won't answer a private number and will let it go to voicemail. Someone able to enlighten me on that? Also what exactly does "unlisted number" mean and how do you use the "call return" and "3-way call" functions?

For Exetel - I swapped over to the OCV200 and everything happened in the timeframe it was supposed to with no problem at all - very happy with it all. However I never received any correspondence to say it had been done and my status is still showing "pending". No drama as it all works but just wondering what's going on there?

Many thanks,
Nick

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: New landline settings

Post by Dazzled » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:39 pm

From the Optus website:
PRIVATE - numbers that are blocked by the caller or originate from an unlisted number will not show Caller ID.
See also http://www.exetel.com.au/a_adsl2_features.php

Call return: see http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocapor ... e=personal
3 Way: see http://personal.optus.com.au/web/?_nfpb ... e=personal

Stickler

Post by Stickler » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:30 am

thanks for that, I did search for that info first but missed it somehow....

Stickler

Post by Stickler » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am

anyone from Exetel got any info regarding the "pending" status and lack of correspendence etc?

Also I tried to change my phone settings through user facilities and unticked "unlisted number" - how long does it usually take for those changes to come in to effect?

cheers, Nick

BTW - I completely lost sync on my new connection a couple of nights ago and it's almost back to normal (working, but on a slower profile) and just wanted to say the support has been really good. Thanks.

woodle

Post by woodle » Wed May 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Yeah, I'm also in the position of having submitted changes over a week ago (not having caller id is very annoying when you've had it for the last 10 years, don't know why they don't put it on the application page). I've sent multiple emails spread over that week asking for a status update and received nothing in reply other than "We've passed your request on...".

I read in another thread here that these changes are usually done in 24 hours or less. A week without even a single meaningful reply is pretty poor service.

shoner

Post by shoner » Thu May 26, 2011 10:54 am

woodle wrote:Yeah, I'm also in the position of having submitted changes over a week ago (not having caller id is very annoying when you've had it for the last 10 years, don't know why they don't put it on the application page). I've sent multiple emails spread over that week asking for a status update and received nothing in reply other than "We've passed your request on...".

I read in another thread here that these changes are usually done in 24 hours or less. A week without even a single meaningful reply is pretty poor service.
The changes that you have requested are currently pending with out supplier. Most likely we will have an answer for you by close of business today.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

shoner

Post by shoner » Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 am

shoner wrote:
woodle wrote:Yeah, I'm also in the position of having submitted changes over a week ago (not having caller id is very annoying when you've had it for the last 10 years, don't know why they don't put it on the application page). I've sent multiple emails spread over that week asking for a status update and received nothing in reply other than "We've passed your request on...".

The changes that you have requested are currently pending with out supplier. Most likely we will have an answer for you by close of business today.
This issue with our wholesale supplier is still on going :(
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal