Noisy line

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
oldman

Noisy line

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 pm

I am on the OCV200 plan so Exetel is my voice service provider (I believe). I'm just wondering what to do about a noisy phone line... crackling etc. It is causing drop out and sync speed issues with ADSL also, but the main problem at the moment is the noise while on a phone call. What do I have to do to have it checked?

Thanks.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Noisy line

Post by Dazzled » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Either telephone Exetel (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788141 (both VoIP numbers), or else email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:46 pm

oldman wrote:I am on the OCV200 plan so Exetel is my voice service provider (I believe). I'm just wondering what to do about a noisy phone line... crackling etc. It is causing drop out and sync speed issues with ADSL also, but the main problem at the moment is the noise while on a phone call. What do I have to do to have it checked?

Thanks.
also check that any handsets, fax etc are correctly filtered, a dud or incorrect (eg ADSL1 instead of ADSL2) filter can cause the same issue you are having

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 pm

oldman wrote:I am on the OCV200 plan so Exetel is my voice service provider (I believe). I'm just wondering what to do about a noisy phone line... crackling etc. It is causing drop out and sync speed issues with ADSL also, but the main problem at the moment is the noise while on a phone call. What do I have to do to have it checked?

Thanks.
Hi Oldman,

One of our support engineers will contact you regarding the reported issue as I have already organized this to be loooked in to W.I.E.

Regards,
Theje

oldman

Post by oldman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 am

Following the suggestions given here I think it may be a faultyfilter. I'm borrowing one to check.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 pm

As per the conversation I had with oldman, issue resolved after replacing a faulty plug :wink: