Weekend Call Outs

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
stevil

Weekend Call Outs

Post by stevil » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi All,

I've questioned exetels email support but getting delayed replies at the moment. I'm having problems with a phone connection supplied by exetel at a house I have just moved into, the problem being the phone does not work, no dial tone what so ever. Nothing else is plugged in, I have checked all sockects, tried multiple phones, I've even gotten a multimeter out and tested it and nothing doing. Now the issue is I wanted to know if telstra (who exetel are re-selling the phone line through) come out on weekends to look at these kinds of things. I work 9-5 monday to friday an as I just moved house can't afford to take time off work so only home weekends or nights after 6:30.

Also do people know how long it takes for someone to come out after a request has been put in? I'm just trying to get past the canned responses at the moment of "please check the lights on your modem" which is a strange response considering I said the phone lines are totally dead. I'm aware of the point behind those canned responses, but not sure how many of them I have to go through before my issue is actually addressed with a human reply. I almost got there at one point, but without the net at home they closed the ticket due to me not replying fast enough...

So long store shory, does anyone know if Telstra service houses on weekends, and how long after first contacting exetel does it take to get a results? As a web developer not having internet or phone at home is costing me money (an not just the bills I'm paying for a phone line I can't use).

Stevil

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: Weekend Call Outs

Post by rukshani » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:04 pm

stevil wrote:Hi All,

I've questioned exetels email support but getting delayed replies at the moment. I'm having problems with a phone connection supplied by exetel at a house I have just moved into, the problem being the phone does not work, no dial tone what so ever. Nothing else is plugged in, I have checked all sockects, tried multiple phones, I've even gotten a multimeter out and tested it and nothing doing. Now the issue is I wanted to know if telstra (who exetel are re-selling the phone line through) come out on weekends to look at these kinds of things. I work 9-5 monday to friday an as I just moved house can't afford to take time off work so only home weekends or nights after 6:30.

Also do people know how long it takes for someone to come out after a request has been put in? I'm just trying to get past the canned responses at the moment of "please check the lights on your modem" which is a strange response considering I said the phone lines are totally dead. I'm aware of the point behind those canned responses, but not sure how many of them I have to go through before my issue is actually addressed with a human reply. I almost got there at one point, but without the net at home they closed the ticket due to me not replying fast enough...

So long store shory, does anyone know if Telstra service houses on weekends, and how long after first contacting exetel does it take to get a results? As a web developer not having internet or phone at home is costing me money (an not just the bills I'm paying for a phone line I can't use).

Stevil
I will pass this on to a technical support supervisor who will look in to this as promptly as possible.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Could you please PM me your service number or a support email ticket reference.

shoner

Post by shoner » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:16 pm

stevil wrote:Hi All,

Stevil
Please PM me your service details.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Need2No

Post by Need2No » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:48 pm

stevil wrote: So long store shory, does anyone know if Telstra service houses on weekends, and how long after first contacting exetel does it take to get a results? As a web developer not having internet or phone at home is costing me money (an not just the bills I'm paying for a phone line I can't use).

Stevil
I've reported a line fault to Exetel on a Thursday afternoon, Telstra showed up on the following Saturday morning to fix the line.

Regards