Dead line

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
xywolap

Dead line

Post by xywolap » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:35 pm

My new line is scheduled for connection 25/11 (Friday) but is still totally dead, no dial tone.
I know I am a little early but in the past the Exetel connections I have had done are usually a couple of days before the scheduled date.
As this is scheduled for connection on a Friday I am trying to avoid waiting the weekend for it to be investigated in case there is a fault or it has not been connected properly.
When I call the new number allocated 0240234449 there is a recorded comment from Optus saying that number is disconnected.
The modem indicates no connection at all.
I am preempting a problem here ... or will the magic switch be flicked tomorrow?
My money is on a problem atm?
Any help pls?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: Dead line

Post by rukshani » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:54 pm

xywolap wrote:My new line is scheduled for connection 25/11 (Friday) but is still totally dead, no dial tone.
I know I am a little early but in the past the Exetel connections I have had done are usually a couple of days before the scheduled date.
As this is scheduled for connection on a Friday I am trying to avoid waiting the weekend for it to be investigated in case there is a fault or it has not been connected properly.
When I call the new number allocated 0240234449 there is a recorded comment from Optus saying that number is disconnected.
The modem indicates no connection at all.
I am preempting a problem here ... or will the magic switch be flicked tomorrow?
My money is on a problem atm?
Any help pls?

I have passed this on to a support engineer, who'd look in to this issue.

xywolap

Post by xywolap » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:44 pm

rukshani wrote:
xywolap wrote:Any help pls?
Thanks for that.

Current status is now "connected" which it is not.

I finally found time to go and check the line and found that the line from the street to the house is dead. I tested all 4 wires with a multimeter and none showed any voltage (I assume this confirms that the line is dead?)

I will lodge a fault ticket with Exetel anyway.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:58 pm

xywolap wrote:
rukshani wrote:
xywolap wrote:Any help pls?
Thanks for that.

Current status is now "connected" which it is not.

I finally found time to go and check the line and found that the line from the street to the house is dead. I tested all 4 wires with a multimeter and none showed any voltage (I assume this confirms that the line is dead?)

I will lodge a fault ticket with Exetel anyway.

A phone fault has been raised to our wholesale supplier under Ticket ID: 4610469 for service number 0240234449.

This is being further investigated at the moment , we should be able give you an update soon :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

xywolap

Post by xywolap » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks Udara.

xywolap

Post by xywolap » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:02 pm

All is now OK.

Optus tech came out today and found that my phone line had been disconnected at the street terminal by Telstra. The Optus tech connected it again and it is now working fine.

I have made a note in the ticket area and closed the ticket.

Many thanks all. :D