Business phone lines

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
tin

Business phone lines

Post by tin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Quick (stupid) questions about Exetel's business phone plans....

1) I can't see costs for 13/1300 numbers - I assume these are charged at the local rate (10c for the lowest plan). Correct?
2) Switching is as simple as filling in an order form on the site, right? Does it allow for switching multiple services at once?
3) We're currently arguing with Telstra over bills for phone book listings they added crap to without notice (highlights, bold, etc)... Is this set of unpaid bills going to interfere with transferring in any way?
4) Can all the services be bundled onto the existing ADSL2 bills?

I think that's all the stupid questions for now :mrgreen:

Edit: Voicemail - is there a voicemail service of some sort on these plans? We use Messagebank (only one line is voice), and don't really want to lose that.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Re: Business phone lines

Post by stevecJ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:19 pm

tin wrote:Quick (stupid) questions about Exetel's business phone plans....

1) I can't see costs for 13/1300 numbers - I assume these are charged at the local rate (10c for the lowest plan). Correct?
2) Switching is as simple as filling in an order form on the site, right? Does it allow for switching multiple services at once?
3) We're currently arguing with Telstra over bills for phone book listings they added crap to without notice (highlights, bold, etc)... Is this set of unpaid bills going to interfere with transferring in any way?

Edit: Voicemail - is there a voicemail service of some sort on these plans? We use Messagebank (only one line is voice), and don't really want to lose that.

One of my sales colleagues will advise you on this soon :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

remosha

Post by remosha » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:12 pm

tin wrote:Quick (stupid) questions about Exetel's business phone plans....

1) If you are planning to sign up for a telephone service offered via the Telstra Network, a 13/1300 call will cost you 30 cents per call.

2) Yes, however, a separate order form should be submitted for each telephone you wish to transfer. If you need assistance with this, please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with the subject " Forum post - Business phone lines" with your contact information, so that we can get in touch with you.

3) This will depend on your current telephone service provider. You may check with them if the line can be released.

4) Yes, this is possible as long as the orders are placed under the current ADSL account holders name and the same payment information.

Messagebank services are offered. However, not Telstra 101. Please follow the link provided for more information: http://www.exetel.com.au/a_telephone_charges.php (Telephone other charges)

tin

Post by tin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Gee. Might be hardly worth our time changing.
1/4 of our phone bill is the alarm system calling a 13 number :roll:
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:44 pm

They're a racket. You could ask the service to give you their "real" number. Now and again, this might help: http://www.e164.org/non-search.php

felix

Post by felix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Sadly they are unlikley to do it. the 13xxxxxx are a carrier based line hunt that the customer ends up paying for, whereas a Geo line hunt would cost the alarm company.

I asked my alarm company and the answer was flat no.

Plus even if you can determine the correct number, you have to get the alarm company to re-program your alarm to dial the Geo number, which will again result in a no.