no dial/connection support #4917684

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
davro

no dial/connection support #4917684

Post by davro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Since heavy rain I had problems with noise on line.

I contacted support and was told that line test showed it was ok.

I checked exterior connection to house and found it had no cover. I checked wires to see if I could see any problem and then pushed them back into holder. From that time no dial tone no adsl. No matter what phone I plug in. No adsl. When I ring my home phone number from my mobile it rings however and sounds normal. However no incoming call is received no matter what phone connected.

Contacted support via email. Described problem. Stated I believed it was problem in the area I described above. Asked if they agreed would they get someone to fix or was it my responsibility. Asked if contact could be made via my mobile which is an exetel mobile as I have no other means of communication.

Contacts and emails up until Saturday 3/3 still no contact. I can only assume they are trying to contact me on my home phone. I dont want to sit on my mobile waiting for support as I believe that may cost me.

I see people have had help via this forum. So hoping for some of the same.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: no dial/connection support #4917684

Post by rukshani » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:26 pm

davro wrote:Since heavy rain I had problems with noise on line.

I checked exterior connection to house and found it had no cover. I checked wires to see if I could see any problem and then pushed them back into holder. From that time no dial tone no adsl. No matter what phone I plug in. No adsl. When I ring my home phone number from my mobile it rings however and sounds normal. However no incoming call is received no matter what phone connected.

Contacted support via email. Described problem. Stated I believed it was problem in the area I described above. Asked if they agreed would they get someone to fix or was it my responsibility. Asked if contact could be made via my mobile which is an exetel mobile as I have no other means of communication.

Contacts and emails up until Saturday 3/3 still no contact. I can only assume they are trying to contact me on my home phone. I dont want to sit on my mobile waiting for support as I believe that may cost me.

I have prompted a support engineer to look in to this. Please await an update.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:52 pm

davro wrote:Since heavy rain I had problems with noise on line.

Hi,

It appears that the support engineer who you contacted, is currently working on this case.

This issue will be escalated to the supplier and we will keep you updated.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

davro

Post by davro » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:23 am

Rukshani and Steve

Thanks for that. After putting the information on the forum I rang my son and he is also an exetel customer. I went to his place and rang up support. Sorry if I have wasted your time.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Update on the service issue :

A field technician has been arranged to investigate this issue and this is due to be completed on or before close of business tomorrow 08/03. :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

davro

Post by davro » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm

All fixed first thing this morning as indicated. Problem was as predicted.

Thank you for your assistance.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 pm

davro wrote:All fixed first thing this morning as indicated. Problem was as predicted.

Thank you for your assistance.
No worries :) It's great to hear that the issue was fixed.

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================