Cancelling voicemail, select call accept, caller id

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Post Reply
crossbow
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: Sydney

Cancelling voicemail, select call accept, caller id

Post by crossbow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi,

On my Exetel home phone I am trying to cancel voicemail, select call accept and caller id - these are the three features that are each charged at $3 per month.

In Member Facilities under Manage Services > Wireline > Update Telephone Settings, it says there is a change request pending from 2nd September:
you have following pending phone settings change request created on 2012-09-02 23:29:40

Call return Three way call Call waiting Unlisted number Calling number display sending Call divert VoiceMail Caller ID Select call accept
Enable Enable Enable Enable Disable Enable Disable Disable Disable
However this change hasn't gone through in over a month. There is nothing more I can do on that page - with no button to press, I cannot re-submit any new change request.

Shouldn't a change request like this at least go through by the end of the month, ie. end of September of 1st October?

udara
Exetel Staff
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Cancelling voicemail, select call accept, caller id

Post by udara » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm

crossbow wrote:Hi,

On my Exetel home phone I am trying to cancel voicemail, select call accept and caller id - these are the three features that are each charged at $3 per month.

In Member Facilities under Manage Services > Wireline > Update Telephone Settings, it says there is a change request pending from 2nd September:
you have following pending phone settings change request created on 2012-09-02 23:29:40

Call return Three way call Call waiting Unlisted number Calling number display sending Call divert VoiceMail Caller ID Select call accept
Enable Enable Enable Enable Disable Enable Disable Disable Disable
However this change hasn't gone through in over a month. There is nothing more I can do on that page - with no button to press, I cannot re-submit any new change request.

Shouldn't a change request like this at least go through by the end of the month, ie. end of September of 1st October?


Hi,

I have created a ticket (Ticket ID: 5738852 ), and have escalated this to our development team :) . I will get back to as soon as this is looked into
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

crossbow
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cancelling voicemail, select call accept, caller id

Post by crossbow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for following up. I checked member facilities today and the earlier pending request had been cleared, but the three options voicemail, select call accept and caller id were still on.

The button was back, so I tried unticking those three options and submitting again. So now there is a new "pending request" to change those options. How long will that change normally take?

stevecJ
Forum Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Re: Cancelling voicemail, select call accept, caller id

Post by stevecJ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:51 pm

crossbow wrote:Hi,

Thanks for following up. I checked member facilities today and the earlier pending request had been cleared, but the three options voicemail, select call accept and caller id were still on.

The button was back, so I tried unticking those three options and submitting again. So now there is a new "pending request" to change those options. How long will that change normally take?
Hi,

Normally it would updated with in 24 hours :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

crossbow
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cancelling voicemail, select call accept, caller id

Post by crossbow » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Unfortunately this is still not resolved. You stated the change should go through within 24 hours, however 6 days later the change has not gone through. I am back where I started. Voicemail and the other two paid options are still enabled, and in member facilities a change request is STILL pending:
you have following pending phone settings change request created on 2012-10-11 14:14:50

Call return Three way call Call waiting Unlisted number Calling number display sending Call divert VoiceMail Caller ID Select call accept
Enable Enable Enable Enable Disable Enable Disable Disable Disable
What can I try now?

Obviously after two attempts, the member facility designed to allow me to disable these services is NOT functioning correctly.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2549
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cancelling voicemail, select call accept, caller id

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:50 pm

crossbow wrote:Unfortunately this is still not resolved. You stated the change should go through within 24 hours, however 6 days later the change has not gone through. I am back where I started. Voicemail and the other two paid options are still enabled, and in member facilities a change request is STILL pending:
you have following pending phone settings change request created on 2012-10-11 14:14:50

Call return Three way call Call waiting Unlisted number Calling number display sending Call divert VoiceMail Caller ID Select call accept
Enable Enable Enable Enable Disable Enable Disable Disable Disable
What can I try now?

Obviously after two attempts, the member facility designed to allow me to disable these services is NOT functioning correctly.
As we discussed over the phone a moment a go I will proceed the request manually and send you a confirmation email later via the same ticket reference 5738852.

Post Reply